Proofreader 3-6 month Contract (Annual Reports)
Design consultancy are looking for an experienced proofreader to work as part of a team. The team in the main works on corporate and interim reports, most of which are in printed form, however a few have online alternatives. All applicants must have experience of working on Annual Reports. The company also works on a variety of other projects which include corporate brochures, small brand/identity projects, corporate websites, CR reports, marketing literature and presentation material. The studio consists of seven typesetters/artworkers and four proofreaders. The team is looking for a proofreader to support them in delivering projects. At present the team work on a range of fledgling to blue chip FTSE 100 companies.
The role would include
– Checking and marking up author’s corrections
– Checking formatting for style and consistency
– Reading copy against client stylesheets and making sure copy is consistently written across all documents
– General spelling and sense checking During peak times extra hours can be expected. Candidates should be
– Self motivated and enthusiastic.
– Have good communication, organisational and time management skills.
– Have experience of proofreading corporate reporting projects, especially annual reports.
– Committed to seeing projects through and delivering them to, often, demanding deadlines
– Thorough, with a good eye for detail, working meticulously to get things right, first time
– Engaging, good written and verbal communication skills
– Comfortable at working in a fast-paced, demanding, environment Basic skills using Quark XPress/Indesign would be an advantage but not necessary