Consumer Research & Insight Manager - Gaming
We're recruiting on behalf of a high profile and fun gaming business who are looking for someone to establish and build their Consumer Insight & Research programme. As it stands, the business has a data analytics insight unit of around 10 people, but the research team is being rebuilt from the ground up, starting with this role and your help.
The business is looking for someone who is able to plan and managing consumer insight projects, but also be able to analyse the output, transforming it into intelligent and actionable insights backed up with recommendations which will support decision making in a broad sense, these can be marketing decisions, spotting opportunities to acquire more customers or grow customer value, providing brand insights from trackers, or innovation opportunities through identification of green-field spaces for the business to move into in order to open up new revenue options.
The business you would be joining has millions of customers already across a complex range of brands and platforms which includes social gaming, lottery, casino, poker, live-games and more. Their offices are based in the heart of London's West End. They're funky, fresh and what you'd expect from a digitally native organisation who are one of the bigger fish in this space.
You will be joining the business at a great time, the business' thirst for insight is ever growing and you will need to establish not only the programme, but what the team around you needs to look like too in order to ensure the programme is delivery focused and meeting the business' desire for actionable insight.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- To plan and define the consumer research and insight function. What projects, over which channels and what the calendar will look like. Expectations are this will be a full qual and quant, ad-hoc and continuous studies programme. How these will support key business objectives and deliver actionable insight and recommendations for action at each stage
- Help to shape customer segmentation models to refine targeting of new customers, including what channels are being used, when and how and what will achieve best commercial results based on a thorough understanding of the customer and their behaviours
- Competitor analysis, to help understand what they do well, where gaps and opportunities exist and help synthesise strategies to take advantage of these or close gaps
- Manage concept testing, providing rapid analysis to help refine pre-launch or reshape/tweak post launch to ensure commercial objectives are achieved and propositions are consumer centric
- Own the brand trackers and their usage within the business to drive appropriate actions
- Be the voice of the customer right up to the Board level within the business, engaging and influencing decision making at this level. You will need to ensure they're effectively represented in marketing, product and development meetings to ensure the business is on the right track and delivering to the target consumers' need
This is certainly a big role covering a broad scope of research methodologies and their application in the business to drive insight based actions.
The person you will be reporting to is looking for you to set the vision, pace and action from this department and for you to show them what good research really can do for a business.
This is a vibrant and dynamic company and would really suit someone who's looking for the opportunity to have an impact and make a difference. Don't expect lots of red-tape or process, you need to be a self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity and able to make clear, decisive plans of action to achieve a goal.
Role: Consumer Research & Insight Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: £50-60k base
Benefits: 30% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance & lots more including all expenses parties, etc.
- Solid research background, which could have been established within an agency or consultancy as well as client side organisation
- Confident dealing with very senior and influential stakeholders. You can hold your own when under pressure of cross examination of your insight recommendations
- Experienced managing a research function, able to demonstrate an ability to step in and define the needs of a well-rounded, modern and high performing research capability which drives results for a business
- Up to speed on cutting edge research and insight techniques and a range of methodologies - this is a broad skilled role including ad-hoc studies - primary and secondary source studies, on and offline research channels as well as trackers
- Very solid ability to link the commercial aims of an organisation to research and insight needs
- Very capable of prioritising research activity - you know when to say no and when you're just doing research for research sake
- Experienced in leading large scale research projects from end-to-end
- Demonstrable understanding of the commercial impacts of your analysis findings
- Capable of translating complex analysis projects into simple to understand language for non-technical audiences
- Career minded, solid communications skills, creative and well organised
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK
For further information please email your Word format CV in application to:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com