Sometimes it’s hard to feel motivated, even if you’re currently working in your dream job! Maybe you’re sat there thinking it’s time for a change but you need a bit of a push, a little...inspiration maybe? Check out these wise words from some people who literally just won at life in general:
1. “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan – Basketball Player
2. "It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong."
Abraham Lincoln – 16th President of the United States
3. "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
Barack Obama – 44th President of the United States
4. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.”
5. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on!”
Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
6. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.”
7. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
8. “Be hard core. … Hard core means tenacious. Hard core means long-term. Hard core means determined. I don't care what you do, you're going to have to be patient and industrious and really stay after things. … You're going to have to be determined and long-term."
Steve Balmer – Owner L.A. Clippers and former CEO at Microsoft
9. “First, have a definite, clear practical ideal; a goal, an objective. Second, have the necessary means to achieve your ends; wisdom, money, materials, and methods. Third, adjust all your means to that end.” Aristotle
10. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk…. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
Mark Zuckerberg, Founder of Facebook
11. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
12. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
Steve Jobs – Co-founder of Apple
13. “Stop thinking about your dream, act on it. There are 30,000 days in your life. … There are no warm-ups, no practice rounds, no reset buttons. Your biggest risk isn't failing, it's getting too comfortable. ... Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure, and go ever upward.”
Drew Houston – CEO of Dropbox
14. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
Wayne Gretzky - Hockey star
15. “Don’t be afraid to assert yourself, have confidence in your abilities, and don’t let the bastards get you down.”
Michael Bloomberg, former Mayor of New York and Founder of Bloomberg L.P.
If you're feeling inspired by some of these incredibly successful people and feel like it's time for you to do something amazing, why don't you take the first step and browse some of our cracking marketing jobs? You don't know what's out there until you look...