European Product Manager
European Product Manager - 4842
Job Location: London / Oxofrd
'What makes it so great to work here? Firstly, It's the people. 1,300 of us from 44 different nationalities working across 11 offices in the UK and Ireland. It's also our clients. We get to work with the world's biggest and best brands. Most of all though, it's the culture. We want you to be you - and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.'
Nielsen is committed to providing the most accurate consumer measurement services globally and will continue to explore new techniques, data sets and approaches that allow for accurate measurement and ongoing adaptability as the market continues to change and evolve.
Nielsen is seeking a talented European Product Manager to drive our consumer measurement solutions forward. You will be the owner of a suite of products that are made available to retailer and manufacturer clients in the European region.
You will be responsible for assessing product opportunities and defining these with the best value / cost for our clients . It's critical to listen to our clients and prospects needs, define in writing the product specifications, bring it to market and have a deep understanding of our production process to resolve any issue that could appear.
You will also be involved in developing marketing communications supporting the go-to-market strategy, product positioning and key benefits. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for Nielsen's Total Consumer strategy in the European region.. A product leader's key role is strategic but you will also be responsible for execution in key innovation markets.
You must possess a unique blend of business statistics and technical savvy with a curious mind and the ability to think with a client view. A well-qualified candidate will have superior knowledge of analytical concepts and the ability to articulate model concepts and results. You must be able to communicate with all areas and levels at the client and at Nielsen and will work cross functionally across Nielsen.
Measurement services is core to Nielsen's value and is an important topic across all of our clients and you will be at the forefront of developing new solutions to ensure Nielsen is the Global leader in measuring the consumer and providing strategic insights to our clients to help them grow their business.
Key Responsibilities of Manager - Consumer Measurement Product Leadership
- Own existing Consumer Panel services and key contact for European countries relating to Consumer Panel
- Manage end to end development and deployment for new Consumer Panel tools, including Client Discovery, User Experience, Specifications, Agile Development, Pricing, Deployment
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to clients
- Provide support and resources for local teams on implementing and aligning to Global and Regional measurement strategy
- Support Commercial teams with client Meetings, RFPs as well as internal Nielsen Briefings
- Conduct detailed competitive assessments that support positioning of Nielsen products
Qualifications of Sr Manager Consumer Measurement Product Leadership
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; preferred MBA in Marketing, Market Research, or related field or experience
- Experience / interest in Marketing, Product Leadership, Consumer Packaged Goods, eCommerce; experience in Nielsen RMS/CPS services is preferable
- A genuine understanding and interest in growing expertise in measuring the consumer and their evolving shopping behaviours
- Strong leadership skills and ability lead cross-functional teams from strategy to execution while creating strong relationships with senior leaders across Operations, Technology, Data Science, Commercial, etc.
- Combination of strategic thinker and executor, the ability to set strategic direction and play a strong role in execution for innovation markets where we test new approaches before expanding to other markets
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly numerate
- Effective organizational skills providing the ability to identify priorities and meet all deadlines
- Self-starter who has a strong drive to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven and resourceful
- Ability to travel in Europe (up to 20%)
- Disposition to simplify research, work processes, and complex statistical concepts
Apply for European Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Research / Insight / Analysis B2B jobs in London (Greater)
- Research / Insight / Analysis Digital / Online Marketing jobs in London (Greater)
- Research / Insight / Analysis Product Marketing jobs in London (Greater)
- Research / Insight / Analysis Insight jobs in London (Greater)
- Research / Insight / Analysis Ecommerce jobs in London (Greater)