Key Account Manager Sales
Job Location: Woking, Surrey, UK (Office based) with some overseas travel
'What makes it so great to work here? Firstly, It's the people. 1,300 of us from 44 different nationalities working across 11 offices in the UK and Ireland. It's also our clients. We get to work with the world's biggest and best brands. Most of all though, it's the culture. We want you to be you - and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.'
You will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by partnering with our clients and using data to explain what is happening with their brands and what they should do to improve business performance. Simply put, you are the Storytellers of Nielsen. Working with your Nielsen colleagues and spending time with clients, you will build partnerships that allow you to better understand your clients' business priorities and information needs. You'll be a part of Nielsen Book, a division of Nielsen Entertainment and first established in 1858, Nielsen Book is a leading aggregator, curator and supplier of bibliographic information, provider of business to business transactions infrastructure and market insights to booksellers, librarians and publishers in over 100 countries.
Why work for Nielsen?
* 25 days holiday with the option to buy even more holiday!
* An opportunity to work with the UK's leading Publishers
* A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
* Fantastic private healthcare package
* First class training support and development opportunities
As the Key Account Manager for our Discovery business, you will
- Take the lead of managing a territory of established high profile retail brands and strategic industry accounts.
- Be responsible for creating and executing strategic plans for accounts in your portfolio.
- Seek out opportunities to grow revenue streams within the account portfolio, and identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Maximise client retention and handle contract negotiations for renewals.
- Communicate internally and externally to ensure the account is run smoothly and efficiently with support teams and the wider sales team.
- The role will be based at the Nielsen Book offices in Woking, however, some overseas travel will also be required.
- Your clients will be high profile retail brands and strategic partners in the book industry.
- Work with internal teams across all areas of Nielsen Book, particularly with the Lead Account Manager for Commerce and the wider sales teams at Nielsen Book. There will be interaction with numerous internal teams such as Finance, Marketing, Professional Services and our Product development teams
- You will be responsible for establishing excellent relationships with your clients, and the effective territory planning your portfolio of accounts, arranging regular client visits, attending industry/trade events and strategic work with industry partners.
- This role requires the successful individual to show competence across a range of skills. The candidate will need to focus on the high-end strategic accounts for our Nielsen Book business.
- The Key Account Manager will be a pivotal part of the Discovery & Commerce commercial team and a key contact and face of Nielsen Book for our clients. It demands a flexible, highly motivated and well-organised individual who is capable of working as part of a cross-functional team or independently. Critically, the right person needs to have a desire for customer excellence and must be proactive.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- A proven track record as an account manager or account director where you have shown sales growth and great client relationships within your account portfolio.
- A strong background in managing retail accounts would be preferred, good experience from a B2B environment would also be considered.
- University degree or similar.
- Book trade experience advantageous but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who can confidently work with different internal teams
- A passion for first-rate customer service
- Strong record of key account management experience, exceeding revenue targets and Negotiation skills
- Additional Languages particularly German, French Advantageous
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content - video, audio, and text - is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurements as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time