Senior Analytics Consultant - 1yr Maternity Cover
Nielsen is a leading global information & measurement company, provides market research, insights & data about what people watch, listen to & buy. What makes it so great to work here? Firstly, it's the people. 1,300 of us from 44 different nationalities working across 11 offices in the UK and Ireland. It's also our clients. We get to work with the world's biggest and best brands. Most of all though, it's the culture.
The Sales Effectiveness team plays a pivotal role in helping clients turn their shoppers into spenders and works across the Nielsen client base with FMCG manufacturers and retailers. Focused on pricing, promotions, assortment, shopper insights as well as panel, it works on both an ongoing and project-by-project basis in order to help clients identify opportunities and optimise their performance.
This role is for a Senior Analytics Consultant who will focus on delivering high quality ad hoc shopper projects to FMCG Manufacturers and Retailers within the UK and across Europe. It is an exciting and varied role with the opportunity to work on projects using a variety of methodologies including shopper surveys, path and eye tracking studies, virtual store and shopper observations.
Main responsibilities include designing, setting up and overseeing the execution of projects as well as report writing and creating and attending client presentations. We are looking for someone experienced in ad hoc Shopper and/or Consumer Research with a passion for delivering projects to the highest standards.
Project design: building research projects that address clients' research objectives and business needs
Project delivery: end to end ownership of projects from set-up with internal teams and vendors, coding and report creation to final delivery to the client
Delivering insight recommendations: building analytically strong, story driven visual presentations and reports that provide clients with useful insights
Client Liaison: building strong relationships with clients based on an understanding of their research objectives and a desire to deliver to the highest standards
Liaison with programming teams: liaising with internal teams to discuss programming and data output requirements
Integration: working closely with other parts of Shopper and SEFF to differentiate the solutions and deliver integrated insight across the product portfolio
Drive revenue growth: supporting the commercial team on winning new projects by understanding the clients business issues and consulting on the best solutions
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Exceptionally strong analysis, data interpretation and visualisation skills - able to produce insightful reports and interested in story telling techniques
- Strong time management / project management skills. Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems while ensuring excellent client service and building strong client relationships
- Experience of liaising with programming teams in order to brief them on required data outputs
- An understanding of Shopper research methods, analysis and techniques
- Knowledge of SPSS and statistical methods desirable
- Good business and financial acumen
- Efficient time management, ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Displays maturity and creative problem solving skills in handling crises
- Quick learner, flexible, self-directed, with a sense of initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and a positive can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as fluency in English
- Educated to degree level. A degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Sociology or other related field or experience
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with long service
- The option to buy even more holiday!
- An opportunity to work with the UK's leading manufacturers
- A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
- Fantastic private healthcare package
- First class training support and development opportunities
- Gain Invaluable Nielsen experience on your CV