Content Director with Strong B2B Wanted for World-Famous Technology Account
Are you a Content Editor or Content Director with B2B experience and a passion for targeting high-level IT decision-makers and CIO's in large enterprises with smart, multi-channel, multi-format branded content to bring ideas to life in an authentic way for a very hard-to-reach audience? Read on .....
This top content marketing agency based in Central London enjoyed some big client wins in 2017 and are in the process of building out their teams. A critical hire is for a Content Director (or highly experienced Content Editor ready to step up) to lead one of the major new business wins - a world famous technology brand.
Reports to: B2B Editorial Director B2B
Salary band: £60k-£80k
Start Date: ASAP. PERMANENT but will also consider TEMP to PERMANENT and FREELANCE.
- Develop and launch an ‘always on’ content programme
- Run campaign content for global markets
- Develop and run a global network of local language expert journalists who can trans create content for their own market and develop their own local stories
- Oversight of campaign-driven content
- Content will mostly be targeted at high-level IT decision-makers and CIOs in large enterprises
- It will focus on thought-leadership and business challenges – and how IT can help to solve them – rather than being ‘product push’ content
- It will need to be original, attention-grabbing, thought-provoking and stimulating. Think “Wired meets HBR”.
The ideal candidate
- Extensive experience of covering the world of enterprise IT as a journalist. Need to be a true specialist in their field.
- Strong understanding of target audience, their business priorities and media consumption habits - be able to advise on top stories to attract and engage the target audience
- A strong grasp of multi-channel, multi-format branded content – how to bring story ideas to life in an authentic way for a very hard-to-reach audience
- Ability to sell those ideas into the client – strong client-facing skills
- Strong editorial and multi-channel digital content creation skills (so not just writing and commissioning written articles, but also video, infographics and other rich media – as well as experience of, and a good understanding of, web content, social media and email).
- Ability to work closely with strategy and account management team to formulate and implement content plans
- Strong client-facing skills – be able to lead client meeting, respond to briefs and pitch for work
- Team management skills, plus ability to collaborate with – and get the best out of – colleagues in the agency B2B hub (eg, Editors, Art Directors)
- Agency experience as well as traditional media/journalism experience.
- Experience of commissioning and activating content in multiple languages for multiple markets.
- Speak at least one foreign language (a major European language)
- Genuine IT experience (eg, a degree in computer science, experience of working in IT).
What makes the role so appealing?
- If you have a passion for the business tech world, this is a fantastic opportunity to essentially lead the global head of content for this world-famous, leading technology brand.
- This is a brand new client for the agency and they are new to producing editorial content entirely so they will be looking to the agency for real expertise and ideas on how to engage with the high-level IT decision-makers and CIO’s in large enterprises. They will be looking to the agency for guidance and therefore it’s a huge opportunity for you to make your mark and feel a great sense of achievement in pushing the client on.
- You will be working on the largest account in the agency and there is enormous potential for further growth. They are looking to grow their technology portfolio further so you will also support the Editorial Director as he leads the charge.
- You will be responsible for managing a network of global freelancers and as the account grows, the agency may look to build up its team with some more junior hires.
- Overall a great opportunity on many levels. The right candidate will come from an editorial / journalism background with a passion for and thorough understanding already of the business technology world.
- This is a great opportunity for someone to take their first step from publishing into an agency/ content marketing environment with a very open and collaborative approach.
- IF you have solid experience in B2B and business technology/IT, apply right now!
Apply for Content Director with Strong B2B Wanted for World-Famous Technology Account
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly