Data Science Manager
Data Science Manager
** Digital Media / Big Data / Python & R **
A top Media Agency is seeking an experienced Statistical Senior Analyst or Data Scientist to join their expanding Data Science function. You will be working with a large variety of the world's most recognizable brands delivering consultancy across digital media analytics and customer behaviour.
This is an exceptional opportunity to step into a formal management role (with 4 direct reports) but will also offer you the chance to work as a true Data Scientist, delivering predictive work around products, online services as well as working to inform decisioning around marketing activity across multiple channels; ATL digital media, in store, direct marketing, social media, and mobile activity.
You will also own relationships with some major clients, taking on responsibility for the delivery of work, maintaining relationships and developing new opportunities for project work - they have ambitious plans to expand their reach across even more of the agency's wider network of clients.
Finally, the training and development opportunities here are extensive; not only will you be working with some of the industry's most respected analytical leaders, you will be offered training on things like attribution modelling (if this is not a current skill - although would be preferred!) as well as other relative tools and technologies, such as web analytics. The agency has won numerous awards for their training over the years, and they consistently operate a highly social environment; so the attitude of 'work hard play hard' is key!
Key knowledge and aptitudes required are:
- Taking a proactive approach to "asking questions" of the data to add value to client's marketing and overall performance
- Intellectually curious with knowledge of cutting edge analytical techniques and tools, working with big data
- Statistically astute individual, with strong skills using statistical coding tools to conduct advanced analysis, data wrangling, modelling and ideally writing algorithms
- Understanding of how the digital media industry operates or a customer centric business processing large volumes of customer data frequently (millions or billions of rows)
- Comfortable managing own projects from end to end, and mentoring more junior members of staff
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Educated to degree level in a numerate discipline such as Computer Science, Maths & Statistics or Machine Learning
- Excellent programming skills using tools such as Python, R, Hive, Hadoop within a media and/or marketing environment
- Ideally some exposure to additional analytical technologies such as SAS and SQL
- Able to interpret large sets of customer and digital media data, developing actionable insights
- Ideally experience with digital attribution modelling, digital tacking technologies and fully conversant with digital media and the whole media mix (knowledge of how media channels are planned, bought and measured), performance marketing measurement
- Likely to have come from a media / data science analytics environment, working within customer, digital or media data
- Keen eye for detail and working to deadlines, in a fast-moving environment
- Adept at identifying opportunities & comfortable challenging convention
POSITION - Data Science Manager - Digital Media / Big Data / Python & R
LOCATION - Central London
SALARY - £60k - £65k plus excellent benefits & bonus
REWARDS - Pivotal, high visibility role within a growing function. Truly bespoke analytical offering. Opportunity to broaden your analytical capabilities in data science and digital media
For further information or a copy of the job description please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com
Apply for Data Science Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly