A highly luxury hospitality business in York are recruiting for an Events Manager paying £30,000
Your new company
This is an exciting opportunity to work as an Events Manager for a luxury hospitality company based in York.
Your new role
- To manage the day to day operations of the events sales team, ensuring that SOPs are in place and processes are being followed to maximise conversion of sales.
- To lead and inspire an ambitious, driven, caring and pro-active team of event coordinators.
- Provide forecasting and reporting on M&E revenue highlighting potential risk periods in advance and working closely with the sales manager to eliminate any risk.
- Manage and implement a rate demand calendar to ensure we are yielding effectively.
- Increase conversion rates, revenue per meeting room and meeting room occupancy.
- To ensure that all event business is communicated accurately to the operational team.
- Handle, convert and coordinate key meeting and event enquiries.
- Ensure all billing and payments of conferences and events is coordinated and communicated.
- Deliver a pro-active sales culture within the office.
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Make intuitive decisions in favour of the business.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets
- Be a highly-motivated individual who can demonstrate success at this level.
- Have a pro-active approach and be extremely organised.
- Be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills at all levels
- Great organisational skills
- To be commercially aware and to be able to demonstrate the understanding of core revenue management concepts.
- Proven experience/education level
- Minimum two years experience as an events sales office manager or senior events coordinator.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary, benefits, discount
- The chance to work for a marketing leading brand
- Career development opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Events Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly