Senior Marketing Manager - Sports Marketing
If you're a commercially minded consumer brand marketer, and sports fan to boot (notable preference to football), with a serious interest in working in the field of sports marketing, this could be your dream job!
This is a Senior Marketing Manager grade role, in an environment that's very much akin to a classical marketing position, since its measures of success are principally brand based metrics (awareness, consideration, intent to purchase), as well as commercial metrics of driving end sales objectives too. So could certainly suit someone coming from a classical FMCG (type) environment which would use very similar channels of execution - those being TV, OOH as well as Digital content and Social campaigns.
It's important for you to be knowledgeable and passionate about sport in general, since you will often be dealing with the marketing functions of sporting governing bodies (like the FA, UEFA, FIFA - or outside of football with things like UFC, ECB, F1, etc.), talking to them about how you intend to use their brand image in your own promotional campaigns to drive sales of your own product category.
Very much a side benefit to this role will be the access you will have to a wide variety of sporting events and even celebrities who are frequently used in the company's brand marketing efforts, of which you will be directly responsible for overseeing from development to execution too.
Because of the profile of this role, and just how exciting an opportunity it is for marketers who are true sports fans, the hiring company is looking for people with real drive and ambition. In that, they're looking for evidence of innovation and a restlessness for excellence in you. So your career evidence must demonstrate how you've been able to achieve exemplary results in whatever you've turned your hand to, that you've driven innovation in the marketing programmes you've overseen and not been afraid to try new things.
This is a role not for the faint of heart, or wallflowers not interested in challenging the status quo in your quest to achieve excellence. The current team has a 'never say die' attitude and this passion is clearly evidenced by results the team have achieved to date. Are you up for the challenge of becoming their next 'rising star' and take the reins of this exciting opportunity?
So if you're interested in learning more, why not apply today to find out?
Role: Senior Marketing Manager - Sports Marketing
Salary: £60-70k base
Benefits: £car allowance, bonus to 20%, pension, healthcare, life assurance and lots more.
- Highly experienced consumer centric marketer with solid pedigree within brand comms. You've owned high profile TTL campaigns which have included TV executions, OOH, digital content and social media campaigns
- You love sport, and preferably are a football fan
- You've worked with sports related products, sports rights and brands as part of the marketing programmes you've overseen
- Experience can be from any sector, so long as it's high profile consumer centric marketing with the above clearly evidenced
- Able to articulate the results you've achieved. They're not looking for 'handle turners' who have just executed. They want to see that you've helped deliver break through success and innovated
- Classical FMCG type pedigree will fit well - balancing brand marketing efforts with the need to deliver commercial results (end sales numbers and right ROI from campaigns)
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK - this employer is unable to provide sponsorship
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
Apply for Senior Marketing Manager - Sports Marketing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly