Email Marketing Officer
Email Marketing Officer
Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath or Home Based
£28,894.64 per annum (starting salary subject to experience), plus excellent benefits package
Our client is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. They now help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year through their network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
The charity is looking for an Email Marketing Officer to join their new Digital Marketing team in the Fundraising Directorate. The main purpose of this role is to deliver the charity’s digital marketing email programme, responsible for managing our client’s email platform (currently Dotmailer) end to end, from conception to delivery to evaluation.
This brand new role will incorporate a range of responsibilities which will include:
- delivering the agreed digital marketing email programme from conception to delivery, so that communications are delivered on time, to the agreed audience, within budget and to the highest quality.
- managing relationships with various external agencies including the email and creative agencies, so that our client receives the best possible service from these suppliers and all emails are on brand and high quality.
- proactively supporting internal teams and departments, providing advice and facilitating training needs for email generally and Dotmailer specifically.
- managing email requests from internal teams and departments, prioritising them and managing the email calendar and creating internal email processes.
- working with colleagues on lead generation plans, growing the database through compliant email address collection.
- inputting on data selections, proactively working with agency staff and the database team to develop segmentation and targeting for email communications.
- ensuring reports on the results of all email activity and KPIs are produced on a regular basis; to interpret these results, input to the forward planning of the team and implement findings so that the programme continually improves.
- working with colleagues to ensure the lifetime value of donors is maximised; this could include emailing supporters with opportunities to volunteer, buy merchandise, leave a legacy or become a major donor.
- being a proactive member of the Fundraising team, providing feedback, ideas and recommendations in order to increase the effectiveness of the department’s work and attend team and meetings and events, as required.
- mitigating reputation risk for our client by adopting and ensuring adherence to the various Codes of Conduct and legislation relevant to the role, including guidance from the ICO, PECR, GDPR, Fundraising Regulator, Public Fundraising Regulatory Association, Gambling Commission and various preference services.
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with our client’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Our client is looking for someone who can offer a range of skills, knowledge and experience such as:
- A Degree (or equivalent)
- Membership of IDM, DMA, or IoF
- Proven experience of digital marketing, ideally working with external agencies within the third sector
- Specialist knowledge of email marketing, including automation
- A proven track record of achieving digital marketing growth against agreed targets
- A good understanding of the principles of Data Protection and implications for Digital marketing
- Proven ability to multi-task and work on own initiative, accurately and under pressure
- The ability to instigate and develop projects and maintain authoritative and professional relationships
- A confident communicator with clear, concise email copy writing skills
- A proven ability to deliver training and ongoing support aimed at upskilling colleagues in email marketing
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of email marketing best practice, key trends and ideas
- The ability to work as a team member
- A keen and effective problem solver with a positive, resilient attitude, who is also flexible, adaptable and self motivated
- An empathy for cats
- A willingness to travel / stay overnight occasionally
Further essential and desirable skills and experience are detailed in the Person Specification.
To reward you our client has a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. They also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: 14th January 2018
Interviews: 22nd and/or 23rd January 2018
Job reference: CF198
To apply for the role of Email Marketing Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Email Marketing Officer, Digital Marketing Executive, Email Campaign Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Online Marketing Executive, Marketing Automation Executive, Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Manager.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week