Senior Digital Marketing Officer
Senior Digital Marketing Officer
Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath, Sussex RH17 7TT or Home Based
£33,551.33 per annum (starting salary subject to experience), plus excellent benefits package
Permanent, full-time (35 hours per week)
Our client is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. They now help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
They are now looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Officer to join their new Digital Marketing team within Fundraising.
The main focus of this role will be to deliver the Charity's Digital Marketing programme, together with the Digital Marketing Manager. You will work across multiple communication channels, focusing on web, online and mobile, in order to grow sustainable income for the charity and maximise the long-term return on investment for individual donors.
This is a very varied role and will include the following areas of responsibility:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Digital Marketing plans, strategy and budgets, in addition to the development of policies and procedures.
- Manage the digital marketing programme from conception to delivery, ensuring communications are delivered on time and on budget, to the agreed audience, achieving financial targets and KPIs.
- Lead on analysing the effectiveness of web, mobile and online channels used for fundraising purposes, producing regular reports and making recommendations to improve future activity and feed into longer term strategic plans. Research and follow developments in digital technology, assessing the opportunities for fundraising and put forward development proposals
- Manage relationships with various external agencies including the website, mobile, creative agencies, so that our client receives the best possible service from these suppliers. Establish and maintain close working relationships with our departments to ensure the effective delivery of digital fundraising and innovation projects
- Continually review and update third party contracts, policies and procedures to ensure that outsourced campaigns are competitively priced, compliant with industry regulations and managed in accordance with our client’s expectations
- Lead on data selections, proactively developing supporter communications. Use internal reporting and analysis, and external best practice to support the development of selections and improve targeting and segmentation.
- Ensure reports on the results of all digital activity and KPIs are produced on a regular basis; to interpret these results, input to the forward planning of the team, suggesting new ideas or procedures, implementing findings so that the digital marketing programme continually improves.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the lifetime value of donors is maximised; this could include presenting supporters with opportunities to volunteer, buy merchandise, leave a legacy or become a major donor.
- Ultimately line manage a new Digital Marketing Assistant, conducting regular 121s and PMRs, and help them manage their workload.
- Prepare annual budgets of approx. 1 million and monitor performance against so that expenditure remains within agreed parameters.
- Be a proactive member of the Fundraising team, providing feedback, ideas and recommendations in order to increase the effectiveness of the department’s work and attend team and other meetings and events.
- Mitigate reputation risk for our client by adopting and ensuring adherence to the various Codes of Conduct and legislation relevant to the role, including guidance from the ICO, PECR, Data Protection Registrar, Fundraising Regulator, Public Fundraising Regulatory Association, Gambling Commission and various preference services.
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with our client’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Our client is looking for an experienced person with the following essential experience, skills and knowledge:
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Membership of IDM, DMA, or IoF
- Proven experience of Digital Fundraising, ideally working with external agencies within the third sector
- A proven track record of achieving income against agreed financial targets
- A good working knowledge of websites, SEO and PPC
- Experience of successfully managing a large budget
- Line management experience
- An understanding of the principles of Data Protection
- A working knowledge of Data Protection legislation and the implications for Digital Marketing
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing best practice, key trends and ideas
To reward you our client has a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. They also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: 14th January 2018
Interviews: 22nd and/or 23rd January 2018
To apply for the role of Senior Digital Marketing Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Digital Marketing Officer, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Executive, Senior Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week