Software Engineering Manager
- Leading a high performing development team.
- Multi-award winning company with a fantastic working environment.
- Working with the most cutting edge technology!
What skills you'll be needing
- Although this role is hands off it’s essential that you have a strong software engineering background and be able to talk comfortably about complex technical problems. You'll need to have experience managing teams who work with Scala, Clojure, Haskell or Java.
- Experience working in a genuinely Agile environment is essential.
- The teams are high performing and are used to a level of independence, so you’ll be expected to have had experience managing development teams who take a collaborative approach to working rather than hierarchal.
- You’ll be great with people and be confident regularly liaising with colleagues at all levels.
- This role is all about people management coupled with a deep understanding of technology and a willingness to stay in touch with the latest trends.
As a Software Engineering Manager you will be using your deep technical knowledge and experience to manage multiple teams of software engineers, providing support, motivation and technical direction to them. You’ll be an advocate for Agile practices and will be constantly striving to improve your teams work practices and performance. More importantly you will be creating a happy and open working environment where your team feel engaged, driven and willing to create and innovate. You’ll also be responsible for their professional development and recruiting new members to the technology team.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible working, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to be a part of it? Then send in your CV to Hannah B.