Paid PR / Public Relations Intern
We are looking for a PR / Public Relations Intern to join our client’s fast-growing B2B Marketing & PR Consultancy near Waterloo, London.
Please note: this role is a paid internship.
This company is a fast-growing B2B technology PR Consultancy. They have featured in PR Week’s Top 20 Tech PR Agency and were the winners of PR Week’s ‘Most Rated by Journalists’ award. Our client works with a broad range of businesses and manages successful PR and Marketing campaigns for clients across multiple industries.
As PR Intern you will be working in a team comprising of the Account Executive / PR Account Director and Account Manager. You will assist in executing PR campaigns on behalf of the Company and its clients which require using a combination of traditional and digital PR tools and techniques, together with social media activities.
As part of your daily responsibilities you will be:
* Involved in the writing and production of Press releases, case studies, thought leadership, media commentary and blogs
* Tracking industry news and hot topics in the press
* Pitching to target media
* Supporting social media campaigns
* Reporting tasks on the accounts assigned to you
* Ensuring the team has access to the latest activity status and account performance across a range of reports which are shared with the client
* Event support.
The role requires mental agility, tact and diplomacy and a creative flair to help achieve above average results in the media.
In the role of PR Intern, your responsibilities will include:
* Reporting and account administration
* Monitoring client press coverage and social media activity
* Developing your knowledge of B2B Technology PR strategies/tactics, the B2B Technology industry and Internet monitoring tools such as Google Analytics
* Logging media enquiries and the appropriate response action
* Identifying and assisting in developing client news
* Developing an understanding of integrated marketing and PR campaign tactics
* Ensure all internal paperwork is completed promptly by agreed deadlines
* Support PR account teams on all administration tasks and Directors with ad-hoc requests
* Developing your understanding of each of your client’s business and the industries they operate in
* Supporting the Account Executive / PR Account Director and Account Manager with day-to-day contact with clients
* Production of client meeting minutes, contact reports and transcripts
* Engagement in client social media activity as well as involvement in Company social media
For the role of PR Intern you need:
* A 2:1 degree at undergraduate level is desired but not essential preferably in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or a related field
* An excellent standard of English with great oral and written communication skills
* A basic understanding of PR strategies and tactics
* An understanding of newsworthy stories
* To be hard-working and committed
* Ability to conduct yourself professionally with peers
* Good organisational skills with ability to multi-task, work in a team environment and meet strict deadlines
* A good understanding of computers/IT and standard office applications including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel
* Experience in the use of Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook for PR
* Knowledge of Google+, SlideShare, HootSuite and other social media monitoring tools / applications
Hours and Salary
The role of PR Intern is a full-time paid internship offering training and a salary which is the monthly equivalent of £15,000 per annum for a minimum of three months. If you have excelled, there is clear potential for you to transition to a full-time PR Account Executive and for this to rise to £18,000 per annum
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Digital, Digital Marketing, Marketing, PR, Public Relations,