Interim PR & Communications Lead
The role requires someone who has a solid background in PR and Comms, working for high profile consumer brands, and is able to demonstrate a track-record of owning and delivering impactful campaigns which successfully achieve earned media space to support brand, marketing and business objectives.
This is an urgent hire, with the client looking to complete recruitment in a single stage interview this side of Christmas. With the successful candidate aiming to start in the New Year.
- Design campaigns and activity which generates earned media presence and influence for the company brand, across both the early adopter audience (since this includes a range of innovative consumer tech items just coming to market) and a mainstream consumer audience
- Provide strategic counsel to the marketing team on the role of earned as part of integrated / TTL campaigns
- Establish best-in-class proactive and reactive comms with tech and consumer influencers (bloggers, vloggers, magazines, etc.)
- Lead and manage the brand credentialing approach (e.g. awards, amplification of third party partnerships / testimonials, close collaboration with digital team on advocacy activity, etc.)
- Developing earned media comms strategies and materials to support BAU activities (for example, media alerts, briefing materials, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Affairs / PR to maximise joint stories and opportunities which span both consumer and corporate audiences
- Collaborate closely with digital content and social media teams to drive activity which delivers across full gamut of earned media channels
- Day to day management of budgets, agencies / agency performance, evaluation and tracking
- Flex to support other international territories on a temporary basis where needed, joining up opportunities for PR and Comms campaigns across multiple countries.
Role: Interim PR & Communications Lead
Rate: £400-550 per day (based on experience)
Term: 3 months
Start: Jan 2018
- Able to thrive in entrepreneurial and creative environments (definitely non-corporate)
- Proven pedigree in running and delivering high-profile PR and Comms campaigns which have achieved brand and business results
- Experience ideally established client side (but the client has said they are prepared to consider people from agency pedigrees, so long as experience with consumer tech clients and all other experience is successfully demonstrated)
- Strong and confident communicator, able to articulate business requests with agencies as well as manage a diverse network of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, analyse and interpret information
- Strong organisation skills to manage multiple projects in a highly-dynamic environment
- Proven track record of delivering consumer-focused campaigns to deliver earned media presence and influence
- Proven ability to deliver positive outcomes in a fast-paced environment with the ability to take responsibility and multi-task to meet deadlines; having the tenacity to get things done is essential.
- Commercial awareness in how marketing campaigns drive overall business KPIs.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.