Keeping millions of global customers engaged through entertainment 24 hours a day, seven days a week takes the insight, intelligence and ingenuity of a global team of switched-on media professionals. We are QVC. The world’s biggest broadcaster-retailer and the 2nd largest online retailer. Always on. And on a mission to change the way the world shops.
Right now we are looking for a Lead Photographer based at our state of the art Media and Commerce Centre in Chiswick Park, West London – it’s a fast-paced and diverse role and when we say that two days are never the same, we’re not kidding. Just take a look around our business and it’s easy to see why. You can find our channels on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media and we’re online at qvcuk.com and via mobile and tablet apps.
Reporting to the Team Leader for Photography, you will be responsible to create high quality cross platform imagery, ensuring the greatest aesthetic impact in order to maximise sales and raise company profile.
Main role accountabilities:
- Create high-end lifestyle, studio and marketing imagery for use across the business. To produce content for the imaging database.
- When required, brief styling teams, or personally creatively style each product to deliver the best aesthetic to entice the QVC customer into a positive purchase decision.
- To photograph product or scene for all platforms; determining the best angle, view and lighting to ensure the images encourage sales of product.
- Through imagery convey the unique selling points of the product to QVC customers.
- To be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of images at all times.
- Ensure that all imagery is available for presentation in accordance with commercial deadlines.
- To help develop the QVC product image brand within parameters set by the QVC style guides.
- High level of proficiency in operation of all camera operations requiring highly competent framing and dynamic compositions.
- To confidently and competently operate different types of lighting equipment to capture imagery with the best possible technical and aesthetic standards.
Shoot planning and coordination:
- To assist the Creative Image Manager and associated coordinators in the effective planning and implementation of shoots when required.
- Liaising with designers to develop briefs and consult with co-ordinators on production requirements to facilitate image production within schedule and budget limitations.
- To demonstrate an advanced level of organisational skill when planning shoots to ensure opportunities are maximised to create the highest possible standards of imagery.
- Prepare creative lighting requirements for both still and moving imagery within H&S Guidelines.
- To have an awareness of Health and Safety matters and ensure safe systems of work and compliance in image acquisition areas and operations both within studio and location environments.
- To be flexible to travel on location in the UK and abroad.
Ideally we are looking for candidates with:
- A degree / HND qualified or equivalent in Art / Photography or a related discipline with a strong photographic element.
- Considerable and demonstrable creative experience in a photographic studio and location environments.
- Excellent knowledge of photographic equipment (cameras and lighting) used in a studio and location environments.
- A solid understanding of photographic genres, dynamic framing and use of colour to enhance impact of creative imagery.
- Proficiency in lighting, depth of field and other composition techniques in order to consistently achieve and convey the required aesthetic result.
- Proficiency in software packages including Capture, Photoshop and image upload systems.
- Natural ability to lead and influence others to achieve common goals is essential.
- Good business acumen and a broad understanding of how a commercial retailer functions.
- Advanced communication skills and adept at building real relationships at all levels is essential.
If you can see yourself thriving in a role like this we’d love to hear from you.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better
Please note you must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.