At QVC we know what we’re doing, we’ve been doing it really well for twenty years. Our customers trust us and we get closer to them than other retailers. We understand them, we look after them.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Designer to join our Multi-Channel Operations team at QVC. it’s a fast paced and diverse role and when we say that two days are never the same, we’re not kidding. Just look around our business and it’s easy to see why. You can find our channels on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media and we’re online at qvcuk.com and via mobile and tablet apps. We sell big name brands for everything from Elemis to Bose, Giles Deacon to Dyson. Our business isn’t like any other business and you’ll love our people – we’re a friendly bunch.
Reporting to the Design Manager and working for QVC’s multichannel platforms (Responsive Web, Apps, and TV) in accordance with brand guidelines you'll be creating and publishing high quality compelling graphic design and promotional content we need to make our interactive experiences better than all the rest.
You will liaise with Photography Studio in the creation of content images and deal with production amends and short-notice updates. In your day-to-day work you will adhere to file/asset storage and management process to ensure that content is accessible to content groups and any other departments who may need access
Main role accountabilities:
- Designing for Interactive Commerce - to be responsible for the timely and accurate production of design for assigned categories of QVC’s digital media output in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Designing compelling content – to create high quality graphic design for QVC’s digital platforms that is appropriate for the target audience.
- Publishing accountability - to be responsible for the accurate aggregation, delivery, and publication of approved content for digital platforms.
- Category accountability - to own and improve the design of promotional content for assigned categories within brand guidelines.
- Working to Web standards - to ensure work complies with the technical, legal and quality developments affecting the platforms for which content is supplied.
- Working in cross-functional team - to work with E-commerce and Copy Team members to ensure that each day’s output contains compelling design that effectively represents merchandising objectives and achieves the best customer experience possible.
- Homepage design – to design daily promotional content for homepage, incorporating input from other designers, e.g. Today’s Special Value panels, promotions.
- Sourcing excellent photography – to work with the in-house photography team in the acquirement of high quality imagery for interactive platforms.
- Production resolution – to deal with production corrections & short-notice updates with maximum speed & accuracy.
- Maintaining file & asset management - to ensure that design assets are accessible to content groups and any other departments who may need access.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better