- Beautifully designed product ranges.
- Brand new role - exciting growth at present.
- Multi-Channel in approach.
What you’ll be doing
Together with a Merchandising Assistant (who you’ll be managing), you’ll work together to handle all aspects of Online Merchandising for the site. Both of you will be hands on with copywriting / product descriptions in busy times, however this will be a key focus for your report to free up your time for the strategic elements, putting processes in place and liaising with the wider team. A huge opportunity to be involved in onsite strategy from day one!
Now to go into a bit more detail on your day to day. The business have an amazing line of products coming in, so you’ll work closely with buyers to understand key selling points – resulting in the production of engaging copy for the site. Working closely with the eCommerce Marketing Executive will help ensure that content is optimised for SEO. You’ll then team up with the creative division to ensure products are photographed and positioned effectively on the site.
This leads nicely into the analytical side of the role. This is a hugely important element – someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and dive into the customer data. It’s here you’ll find the key insights on how to improve the customer journey, up-sell / cross-sell and which products to place on promotion. What’s more we’re looking for someone who is EXCITED by this – finding the nuggets of information that will promote growth and being able to work closely with the Head of eCommerce to implement these findings.
The business are also currently building a new website on Magento 2, so there is lots of scope to work with cutting-edge tools to help you in the future.
What experience you’ll need
- Experience in Online Merchandising for an eCommerce brand.
- Confident with product copywriting and positioning on the website.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel.
- Strong analytical approach to identify site improvements.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving ability.
- Enjoys working with a wider internal team on various projects.
- Management experience ideal but not a must.
There is a competitive salary on offer of £25-30k (really depends on experience), with benefits available on request.
Drop Joe a line to hear the finer details on this one.
Apply for Online Merchandiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly