Junior Web Developer (Knutsford, Cheshire)
Reports to: Digital Operations Manager
Fishawack Group of Companies is a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with offices across the UK, US and Switzerland. Fishawack has a reputation built on excellence and creativity, and bound by a common philosophy as well as a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet our clients' individual needs. Our hand-picked team has a unique blend of scientific, marketing, and creative expertise with fresh thinking and enthusiasm. We believe that our clients' endorsement is the best testament to the success of our approach.
About the Role
We are looking for a Junior Web Developer to join our team in Knutsford, Cheshire. This is an exciting role working on a diverse range of digital deliveries in a fast-paced agency environment, from custom web apps to interactive booth experiences. We are a small team, but part of a large company – you will have significant influence in the department, backed-up by one of the largest independently owned companies in the Medical Communications sector.
We want someone who cares about user experience, functional interfaces and solving communication problems through code. You’ll help to design and develop great looking websites, beautiful-yet-functional interfaces, innovative web applications, hybrid mobile apps and more. You will be comfortable as a lone developer as well as working in a team. You can pick up an existing code base and follow documented procedures. Equally you write and document your code to industry standards. You love to build, test, automate and learn across the web development spectrum. We’ll show you our technology stack at interview.
Responsibilities and Duties
We expect you to:
- Be enthusiastic about digital design, development and UX best practices.
- Be analytical, a problem solver and have good attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated, positive under pressure and work with colleagues.
- Have a strong personal drive to deliver quality.
- Quick and keen to learn.
- Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations.
- Not afraid to get involved in a project outside of traditional skill-sets.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 1 year’s development experience.
- Experience of bringing ideas to life (concept – product).
- Experience building/supporting on responsive web applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Able to manage own work load effectively and use own initiative.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
We offer a creative, supportive environment where you will be able to continuously develop, you will be working on a Mac Laptop with multiple monitors, plus use of our device lab. We will support you with both in-house and online training. We offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance with great member benefits, life insurance, annual team conference ticket and free Nespresso!
Apply for Junior Web Developer (Knutsford, Cheshire)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly