Head of Digital Engineering
- Leading a brand new, £multi-million digital function.
- Very established & well known eCommerce business.
- Great professional development opportunities.
What skills you'll be needing
- Proven leadership skills and experience in manging digital development teams.
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills. You will be an expert and manging expectations & influencing business leaders.
- Although this role is completely hands off, you will still need to have a deep understanding of technical problems and be able to have complex technical conversations.
- You will be focused on delivery, so an excellent knowledge of delivery processes is essential.
- It’s expected that you would have defined & delivered high level IT strategies.
- You’ll need to have an up to date knowledge of agile principles, digital trends, tools and new ways of working.
You will be managing a brand new digital function, set up to transform the company’s digital capability, containing around 30 Developers, Testers, Architects & DevOps staff. You will responsible for defining, leading and delivering the IT strategy as well as continuously striving to improve the service levels for delivery and processes. In addition to manging your internal teams, you will be responsible for managing outside business stakeholders, so strong influencing skills are essential. It’s also expected that you will engage and manage 3rd party suppliers with the help of the wider IT department.
What you'll get in return for your talents
This is a huge opportunity for someone to come in at the start of something big and have the autonomy to shape the strategy and future of the function. You will be working for a very well-known and hugely successful company which is putting a lot of time, effort and money into building this capability and is keen to transform their digital offering. There are plenty of professional development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary & a variety of benefits including a very good discount on their products!
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to Hannah B.