Communications & Project Officer
Haringey Council have a rare opening for a Communications & Projects Officer who is looking for a new challenge, this opportunity offers great career progression within a forward thinking council that is rapidly becoming one of the most exciting London boroughs to work in.
Your new company.
Haringey lies between inner and outer London, is one of London's 33 boroughs and located in the north of the capital. It covers more than 11 square miles and is home to a population of about 250,000. We are an exceptionally economically diverse and fast-changing borough with over 35% of people coming from ethnic minority backgrounds and an amazing 190 different languages are spoken in our classrooms.
But working here isn't just about the sense of fulfilment you'll get from your work - Haringey the place has a huge amount to offer. Not only do our fantastic transport connections mean we are just minutes away from central London, there is so much to do in the borough itself. Haringey buzzes with entertainment, attitude, artistic and cultural life - through its pubs, clubs, cinemas, theatres, arts centres, community groups and even festivals.
Your new role.
The London Stansted Cambridge Consortium is the strategic partnership of local and regional government at leader, mayor and cabinet member levels, higher and further education and the private sector who have come together to promote the UK's Innovation Corridor which joins Cambridge with London. The Consortium has agreed a vision with the overall aim to enable the Corridor to become one of the world's foremost knowledge economies specialising in life sciences, tech and advanced manufacturing. The Consortium's key objectives are to:
- Raise the profile of the UK's Innovation Corridor with government, its agencies and with investors of all kinds;
- Make the strategic case for investment in the Corridor; and
- Ensure there is growth space for business growth and that there is a skilled workforce for the Corridor's primary sectors
The role of the Business, Communications and Projects Officer is to provide business support to the LSCC to ensure it complies with all relevant council procedures and, with the LSCC Director and Assistant Director for Communications and Strategy to develop and manage projects which ensure the Consortium fulfils its objectives as set out above.
This is a key role in a small team that brings together over 200 members, partners and supporters in regional, local and central government, business and academia mostly at the most senior levels such as leaders, cabinet members, chief executives and directors. Therefore high level communication skills and relationship building are essential.
Due to the relatively large geographic nature of the Consortium's membership, senior staff are often out of the office for extended periods working to a chair who is part time (2-3 days per month). Therefore this post-holder must be able to work manage and prioritise. He or she must be able to act on their own initiative without direct supervision; be capable of making decisions on conflicting priorities; and to have the ability and drive to manage projects from concept to implementation with limited direction from senior staff which is often at a distance.
- Business support - to ensure smooth and efficient function of the Consortium as a membership organisation in compliance with Haringey and LSCC board policies
- Communications - managing the Consortium's website, production of newsletters, briefings and other social media
- Setting up and managing events and seminars and supporting staging of the Consortium's annual conference
- Research and project management related to the Consortium's key objectives
What will you need to succeed.
- Experience managing projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Project management qualification e.g. Prince 2
- Experience managing events
- Good written communication skills - report writing and news
- Use of SAP
- Demonstrate flexibility in activity and thinking
- Demonstrate innovation in working
- Experience of working in a political environment
- Able to build productive relationships with stakeholders
What you will get in return.
You will have the opportunity to progress your career within Haringey Council, training, company laptop and mobile phone, generous annual leave, flexible working, flexible retirement, interest free travel loan (season ticket and bicycle loan), defined benefit pension scheme (career average), learning and development courses at work, courses and workshops to offer support and help through change, long Service Award and many more.
What to do now.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure check with the DBS will be undertaken.
Apply for Communications & Project Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly