Are you an account director looking to take your career to the next level?
Interested in putting your marketing skills to the test with some of the world’s leading B2B brands? Making waves in a fast-growing start-up environment?
Contentology is looking for a strategic account director to join us in the next stage of our growth. To help us shape a culture that rewards curiosity, intelligence and ‘above and beyond’ client servicing.
This is not a position for a glorified bag handler. Your project management skills and ability to spin many plates will be a given. This is a role for someone who wants to take full ownership of client outcomes and thrives on delivering results – not just creative outputs.
You’ll love taking an agile approach to client problems. Be fascinated by small experiments delivering big impact. Get excited when your diligent planning results in clients being able to ‘out-think’, rather than ‘out-spend’ their competition.
A background in digital marketing is important. But not as an important as your ability to problem solve and bring real world application to shiny new digital marketing innovations.
Working within a strategic framework you’ll be harnessing best in class creative, editorial and digital talent in the UK and beyond.
Alongside the day to day, you’ll provide commercial insights to help shape the next generation of proprietary content marketing tools, technologies and processes.
This is a key appointment for an ambitious marketer looking to work with an experienced management team to deliver a three-year growth strategy.
It may suit someone from a client side background, or an agency marketer looking to be in at the start of something special. B2B experience is not necessarily a prerequisite, but a willingness to get under the skin of complex market dynamics is.
Excellent benefits package.
Dynamic co-working environment in city centre Manchester.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Degree educated (ideally CIM qualified).
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience (in-house or agency).
- Commercial marketing skills e.g. the ability to translate strategy into practical implementation.
- Understanding of core b2b marketing principles and the latest tools and techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and without close supervision.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, interpersonal, numerical, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt and grow within a start-up environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under own initiative.
1. Day to Day
- Lead an account management team to develop strategic b2b content marketing projects and programmes.
- Lead assigned key accounts with full P&L ownership and responsibility.
- Own strategic account development plans.
- Assist the new business team with research, proposals and presentations.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of specialist support providers across creative, digital marketing and editorial to support Contentology’s ‘best in class’ support model.
- Develop and improve internal systems and workflows in line with business vision and strategy.
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations for clients from programme performance reports.
- Ensure workload and availability of service delivery team is managed effectively (in liaison with Client Services Director).
- Work with the senior management team to contribute to the strategic performance and direction of the business in line with an ambitious three-year growth plan.
- Attend monthly management meetings and weekly WIP meetings.
- Administrative tasks (quote production, job costing, project plans, expense reports etc.).
Apply for Account Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly