We’re looking for a talented individual to join the team and lead our Marketing strategy.
- Be responsible for the performance and communication of the marketing efforts.
- Plan and execute online marketing strategy across all channels, setting targets and steering progress to meet them.
- Possess a Growth Hacking mindset before a ‘traditional’ budget spend one.
- Define key metrics, help mine the data, identify opportunities and deliver growth.
- Know your pirate metrics from your vanity metrics, and be capable of identifying the right data across multiple areas.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of online retail.
- Help analyse and segment our existing customer base, improve LTV and attract more users.
- Understand the brand voice and tone, working with our content and design teams to deliver across campaigns.
- Be capable of both big-picture thinking and detail.
- Have proven project management skills.
- Although you will have a decent budget at your disposal, you will be focussing mostly on ‘Growth Hacking’ your way to success.
- Working alongside various departments to understand our customers, optimise all aspects of our marketing, deliver innovative campaigns and build solid top-line growth.
- Regularly report to the Management Team on targets and progress.
- Google Analytics - in-depth knowledge of Google Analytics and its use to understand:
- User insights, Marketing campaign performance, Product performance, Website user behaviour, Opportunities for improvements
- Internal reporting information - use of internal reporting information to analyse performance and identify business opportunities.
- eCommerce, UX and CRO (conversion optimisation) - constantly look for opportunities to improve the website user-experience journey, site architecture, site speed, performance and identify technical growth opportunities (Refer-a-friend, Offers, Notifications, Data-driven parts of the site) using data insights gathered from GA and our internal reporting tool.
- SEO - in-depth understanding of the latest SEO best practices, ranking factors (on-page and off-page SEO), Google algorithm updates and continue to drive our SEO rankings higher.
- Brand Awareness and Direct Response: Have a strong understanding of the balance needed between the two areas to drive growth.
- Email marketing - good practical knowledge of email marketing, customer segmentation, spam filter triggers, dedicated IP usage and acquisition and retention practices, GDPR best practices.
- Affiliates - develop strong relationships with relevant affiliate websites to drive sales and generate brand awareness.
- PPC Marketing - strong use and understanding of AdWords. Manage and optimise: Paid Search Campaigns Shopping Campaigns Remarketing Campaigns Display Campaigns
- Paid Social Media - use social media channels to drive brand awareness, new customer acquisition and retention and promote products.
- Offer Calendar - Work alongside our in-house Buying team to determine the most effective dates to run offers and the type of offers that should be utilised. Report on offer performance to inform future offer decisions.
- Marketing Budget - Find optimised ways to attract and retain customers and increase brand awareness.
You should be:
- Analytical, ambitious and creative A voracious reader of books, ideas, blogs and industry news (The Google Blog, Search Engine Land, Avinash Kaushik,
- Think with Google, UX and CRO blogs such as Conversion XL)
- An energetic self starter with a good sense of humour
- A great communicator with excellent negotiation skills A people person An innovative thinker
- An idea machine - be an ambassador and evangelist Be built with value for money in mind, rather than traditional budget ideas with low ROI (rarely having to trot out the excuse - ‘it was a good brand exercise!’)
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard and smart
Requirements: 5+ years experience in a digital marketing role – you live and breathe it Google tools: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, AdWords, Google Merchant Centre SEO tools: SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog or similar ESP: MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Silverpop, or similar Transactional email tools: Mandrill or similar Email testing tools: Litmus or similar Affiliates: Awin, TradeDoubler or similar Other useful skills: Excel (Pivot tables, functions), DataStudio Fluent English
Apply for Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly