7 days left
- Job Role
- Communications Manager
New Communications Manager Job - Bedford
Your new company
Our client are a national public sector government body operating in the transport industry.
Your new role
Due to continued growth and investment our client are recruiting a Communications Manager to join their expanding team in Bedford. The successful Communications Manager will provide dedicated communications and engagement support across the business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as internal adviser to senior managers, staff and partners in the supply chain on handling communication and engagement activities and issues within a programme delivery environment.
- Support the senior communications manager with the development and delivery of a regional communications strategy, designed to support the delivery of capital projects in the region, while managing our corporation reputation.
- Oversee the delivery of project communications plans
- Identify project communications risks and hotspots, supporting the project teams to design mitigations, or escalate issues.
- Ensure key stakeholders are identified and regular formal engagement is maintained by project teams. Work with subject matter experts and ensuring all statutory communications requirements are met.
- Coordinating the delivery of project related communications activity across offline and online channels.
- Identify and monitor spending on communications
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Communications Manager must have experience of working in a multi-stakeholder communications role ideally in large infrastructure or development projects. You will have experience of dealing with multiple, complex projects and experience of working with public affairs, marketing teams and digital teams to get various communications out to the public. The Communications Manager will have worked successfully with senior leaders, have strong stakeholder management skills and experience of public consultation/managing feedback. Due to the nature of the industry, proven experience of dealing with complex and sensitive issues to the public would be an advantage. This is an exciting role for a Communications Manager looking to join a large public sector organisation. The role will be based from Bedford with travel across East Anglia.
What you'll get in return
The chance to work for a large business and competitive salary and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly