Major Donor Fundraiser
A great opportunity for a Major Donor Fundraiser
Your new company
A new job opportunity has arisen for a fundraiser to join a Humanitarian Aid Charity with the aim to support and act on disasters from within the UK whilst also looking to provide an international response when needed. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Major Giving and other senior team members. You will play a key part in supporting new and innovative programmes that will involve some international travel.
Your new role
Is seeking someone to help grow a mid-value donor segment. You will be responsible for engaging with current major donors and look to increase donations by getting new donors to support the Charity. You will also,
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy which will deliver income against ambitious new financial targets, support multi-year programmes, and meet immediate and longer term financial needs.
- Make face to face approaches to prospects, building relationships with them, cultivating them and being responsible for 'the ask'.
- Be responsible for mid-value and major donor thanking, recognition and stewardship, including individual donor care, written communications and reports, and visits to see programmes at first hand.
- Manage a communications strategy for Benefactors and Partners, regularly engaging with them to ensure appropriate donor care, aiming to significantly grow this crucial segment of our supporter base.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be confident and not afraid to ask the right questions to gain commitment from clients. You will demonstrate:
- A Good understanding and knowledge of relationship fundraising.
- Experience of identifying, cultivating and recruiting new donors and also maximising relationships.
- A successful track record in meeting demanding targets and the desire and ability to take on new ambitious challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The highest level of networking and interpersonal skills, a lively and open approach to people and a warm persuasive manner.
- A high level of administrative skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to plan, organise and manage numerous projects and events simultaneously.
- The ability to manage a budget, meet deadlines and regularly report against both.
- Proficient in relevant IT packages including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and fundraising databases.
- An awareness and understanding of the current trends, legislation and best practice guidance in fundraising.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to join a Humanitarian organisation and have the opportunity to travel internationally as required to see work with donors. Other benefits include,
- 20 days annual leave per year plus circa of 4 extra holidays p/a;
- 5% Employer contribution to pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and sickness absence pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket loan
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.