Product Manager - Analytical Modelling Software - Reinsurance
We're recruiting for a Product Manager to join a global insurance firm within their reinsurance division.
Your remit will be to own the product and feature roadmap for an analytical modelling solution which is productised and sold to brokers as a technology solution to what is traditionally very much a manual task.
A big emphasis of this tools' capability will be things like catastrophe modelling for use by brokers when assessing risks and premiums. Currently those brokers take a very manual approach which takes a lot of time. This solution is looking to reduce that through leveraging the firm's own massive analytical modelling capabilities converted into a technology led product solution.
The company you will be joining creates these analytical models for a wide range of catastrophe scenarios - you will be looking to productise these, and advise the business on what direction the analytical modelling market is moving towards within the reinsurance markets.
So taking account of the trends and changes, identifying what the future needs of brokers will be and converting this into a product feature roadmap, ensuring this remains a viable and market leading solution. Working with the internal business functions to align their workflows and projects to achieve this roadmap.
This is an Agile environment and so having experience of Scrums and Agile methodologies will be of a significant benefit. As the Product Owner, you will be collating requirements, identifying priorities and feeding those into Scrum unifying the analytics functions by setting priorities for their business direction.
Your stakeholder network will be global, since this is an international business, so polished matrix stakeholder management skills will be a high priority too.
- Work with Business Leaders to identify immediate and long terms priorities and opportunities across the Reinsurance Data and Analytics Space
- Review existing application space and roadmaps with a view to defining the future application strategy.
- Work with technology teams to ensure that application deliveries align with the business analytics goals.
- Help define a step change in thinking of how analytics data is captured, processed, fed back and maintained for long term usage across the organisation.
- Set policies, standards and guidelines for Analytics and work closely with Reinsurance technology programmes to ensure they are in compliance.
- Define a roadmap that supports the long term analytics deliver for clients and business alike.
- Work with Platform Architect and Technology teams to define the long term analytics processing capabilities.
- Understand new innovations in analysis and how it can be applied beneficially to Reinsurance Analytics.
Role: Product Manager - Analytical Modelling Software - Re-Insurance Markets
Location: Central London
Salary: £90,000 - £110,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: Generous bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and lots more.
- Product Management background within the insurance, reinsurance, financial risk management markets
- You understand how these markets use data and analytics in assessing risk, premiums, etc. and understand the value of analytical modelling solutions (you get the process, not that you're a modeller or analyst)
- You're commercially minded with impressive influencing skills - able to translate the functional aspects of a product into key USP's and reasons why someone would need a product like this (e.g. converting a technophobe used to doing analytics manually to an engaged customer of a tool like this)
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Great stakeholder management skills, and able to evidence this working in a matrix environment
- Able to set a direction for a business area (in this instance what the future analytical modelling prioritise will be), owning a feature roadmap and ensuring the business is aligned to supporting this. Establishing the future vision and direction for a business to follow based on sound market understanding and insight
- Experienced in deploying analytical team operating models to meet customer needs - with an excellent understanding of data and analytics based trends in the market
- You've worked on large-scale projects with the ability to converge design solutions and functions together
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
Apply for Product Manager - Analytical Modelling Software - Reinsurance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly