Consumer Marketing Director - Acquisition/Performance Marketing
We're looking for a Marketing Director to join a very high profile consumer business. This is very much a tactical marketing role, devising and overseeing a programme of highly targeted campaigns to a UK audience which are delivered across both ATL and BTL channels.
The objective of this role is to drive acquisition and commercial trading objectives, driving traffic to the company's core websites in order to drive conversions. You will be leading a small direct marketing function, and pulling from pooled resource across a much larger shared services marketing team who also support both global and regional marketing teams.
The business is looking to engage with a customer centric marketer, one that's used to working in environments of scale, and for very high profile consumer brand organisations - who really gets the art of direct response marketing in a through the line environment - defining the strategy, the campaign calendar, driving acquisition metrics (being resilient and robust in how to deliver these consistently) and leading a team.
They're looking for something of a finished article and have said they want to see people who are operating at that 'director' grade within established organisations. So can demonstrate the ownership, leadership, strategic vision and big impact delivery track record which would come with this background.
This is a very sophisticated digital business within the travel industry, who has a massive investment in marketing in order to drive awareness, traffic and brand preference. The programme you will own will be executed across all traditional media channels as well as digital, and they're looking for that 'channel agonistic' as well as tactical and performance marketing pedigree to be prevalent in your experience.
You will own the campaign calendar for the UK audience, translating this into highly targeted campaigns linked to up-coming local events (UK events such as the Tour de France, Crufts, Wimbledon), and also global events where UK audiences might have a keen interest in travelling to (e.g The Olympics, World Cup, etc.). Utilising these as opportunities to drive sales opportunities with the UK consumer.
You will control media spend, ensuring it's driving the appropriate volumes as well as quality of customer, ensuring trading results are being achieved whilst also ensuring brand measures are also being positively impacted too.
Your measures of success will be:
- Achieving acquisition and growth trading targets
- Ensuring campaign activity has a positive impact on brand scores
- Leveraging killer insights to create innovative, insight based multi-channel campaigns in order drive site traffic volumes which result in conversions.
- Marketing and media spend effectiveness - Ensuring channel performance is optimised to achieve commercial objectives at the appropriate CPA target levels
- Team leadership - this business is big on developing its people, and you will be overseeing the work of what's currently a small team for the UK specific country team, with opportunities to grow this further down the line
As you can probably see by now, this isn't a run-of-the-mill opportunity working for just any brand - and you won't be doing it just for any product offering either. You will be leading the way with all other brands watching closely, chasing your tail. The question is, are you up for the challenge?
Role: Consumer Marketing Director - Acquisition/Performance Marketing
Salary: £90-120k base (dependant on experience)
Benefits: Good bonus & corporate benefits package which includes pension, healthcare, life assurance, and lots more.
KEY EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Sector related experience:
- Must be from a high profile, consumer centric organisation where marketing/advertising is a key lever which drives customer acquisition and brand preference
- Must have a B2C marketing pedigree with a strong preference to tactical marketing backgrounds in highly sophisticated, complex and targeted marketing campaign environments
- You're operating at the Director level at the moment within a client side/brand owner organisation
- You have owned high-profile, sophisticated marketing programmes for a major consumer centric brand
- Able to demonstrate success in driving growth and commercial results through direct response/acquisition marketing programmes in an omni-channel, always-on, fully integrated environment
- You're not a channel specialist - i.e. not mainly focused on digital performance - but have an solid mix of on and offline marketing experience
- A very strong pedigree and understanding of how to leverage insight to position a brand creatively in marketing in order to drive differentiation/consumer preference which has resulted in significant positive impact to a P&L/sales metrics/subscriber base
- High profile ATL/BTL background, leading sophisticated and complex campaigns across both brand building and direct response marketing
- Have experience owning marketing budgets in the double-digit millions of Pounds, running an 'always on' programme
- Solid credentials in team leadership, you've had plenty of experience running teams both large and small in size
- Boardroom influencer - able to galvanise senior business leaders behind ideas, bringing them along for the journey
For further information please contact:
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com