- Contribute to the development of an events strategy that aligns with the strategic priorities of Marketing and Communications and the University.
- Manage all aspects of events, including:
- Identification of appropriate objectives and measures
- Providing effective communication with stakeholders
- Planning strategic marketing and communications activities for each event ensuring maximum attendance and engagement
- Planning and preparing logistical elements and checking on the day
- Evaluating events effectively, reporting feedback and recommendations to stakeholders and implementing change activities where needed.
- Run events on the day including:
- Setting up (and breaking down) venues and spaces
- Greeting and briefing SMT/VIPs/high profile speakers etc.
- Manage a team of staff/student event assistants (on the day of the event), ensuring they are briefed effectively and delivery of the event is successful
- Manage budgets and financial aspects of events and projects ensuring maximum value for money and optimum impact.
- Manage and develop a variety of marketing and communication tools and channels for the effective promotion of University events, in order to increase attendance, awareness and engagement with University events and activities.
- Manage the production of the printed, bi-annual Kingston University Public Events Calendar, collating information from events organisers around the University and within the local community. Prioritise events and articles for inclusion that align with existing strategies. Liaise effectively with MarComms about the design, printing and mailing of each publication.
- Identify and collate events for inclusion in the University events e-bulletins via Dotmailer (e-marketing software), ensuring content reflects the strategic aims of DARE and the University,
- Develop and implement initiatives so that data (contact details, mailing and events preferences) is enriched and marketing, communications and events activities can be tailored to suit the needs of stakeholders and constituent groups.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all of the below
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of planning, managing, delivering and promoting events, or project management
- Knowledge and experience of events marketing and communication
- Knowledge and experience of disseminating and sharing events management best practice within an organisation
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- An interest in and knowledge of higher education
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with
- experience of writing marketing copy
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to think creatively and develop new ideas and ways of working
- HE Sector Experience
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience and I am looking to submit to this role on Tuesday the 7th of November