28 hours per week, 6 month contract £19000-£22000 immediate start
Your new company
Third sector organisation with close links to Scottish Government and numerous private investments across Scotland. Based in Edinburgh City Centre, focusing on progression and development.
Your new role
The main purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the organisations training and networking programmes. You will have responsibility for coordinating and attending key events and activities throughout the 6 months of the contract.
Each event will need strategic planning, reaching and liaising with venues, catering and stakeholders, promotion of events on appropriate digital channels, booking and recording of attendance and full analysis of the activity post event. (Please note that some events during the duration of this contract may require overnight travel) You will be responsible for Providing administrative support for lead staff members and/or trainers and speakers for each event including the preparation of materials. You will be required to Support the development and maintenance of the budgets, and support financial policies and procedures to ensure the effective management of finances.
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 2 years training or events organisation experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, Website and social media communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable excellence in administrative and numerical skills
- Attention to detail, methodical and accurate
- Highly effective ability to prioritise, completing all tasks accurately within required timescales
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work - the nature of the events may include the need for evening and weekend work and travel across Scotland
- Demonstrable ability of a professional and customer service approach in all interactions with customers
- Ability to relate well to others and work collaboratively as a member of a small team
What you'll get in return
You will have several opportunities to develop and grow an extensive network base throughout this contract and make key decisions within the organisation. You will have a great impact within the overarching marketing and communications team and be recognised as an important member of the team. You will be paid on an experience related salary between £19,000-£22,000. You will work mainly out of the organisations headquarters within Edinburgh City Centre.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.