Communications, Marketing and Events Manager
Communications, Marketing and Events Manager job £133-£151 Per day ASAP Central London-Interviews 03/11/17
The Division has grown significantly, with plans for further expansion including significant development of its teaching programmes. The role will specialise in developing and implementing the Division's internal and external communications and marketing strategy, ensuring that the Division's communication and marketing strategies, policies and processes are effective and in line with-wide practices. This will include developing, producing and evaluating a communications programme that conveys key Division messages through a diverse set of communications material, along with marketing strategies designed to increase student numbers. The role will coordinate events for the Division (such as Away Days), deliver professional and inspiring events and help to create a positive environment.
- Developing and advising on communication strategies. This includes, negotiating with and influencing key academic and professional services staff throughout the Division and beyond to ensure a consistent, comprehensive and cohesive approach to communications, marketing and events that is understood, adopted and implemented.
- Leading the Division's communications programme from production to delivery and evaluation.
- Leading on the implementation of a marketing strategy for the Division, covering all areas of activity.
- Maintaining and developing areas of web content within the Division and to implement and promote best practices to ensure high quality provision across the website in accordance with regulations and policies.
- Project managing campaigns, events and new initiatives to effectively represent the Division's activities and priorities. Organising appropriate events on behalf of the Division, and assisting with Divisional events across the board, in particular large meetings and high profile events, such as conferences and inaugural lectures.
- To lead on the production, delivery and evaluation of the Division's communications programme that supports the Division's objectives and covers all areas of activity (e.g. teaching, research, consultancy). To act as the first point of contact for the media relations and communications teams and to respond to queries from employers, government, charities and the media
- To develop and advise members of the Division on communications strategies. To direct the regular production (from story ideas to delivery) of a range of communications.
- Actively producing content for the Division's website and other online platforms, , using the full range of communication tools available (editorial, images, video) to ensure that these communications are delivered with maximum impact.
- Reworking, editing and proofing stories from and for external sources.
- Drafting articles, press releases, reports and other documents required for the Division and Principal Investigator's individual research projects.
The successful candidate will have the below-
- Educated to degree standard or have equivalent experience
- Computer literacy, including understanding of and competency in word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word), desktop publishing and image manipulation (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop) and website technologies (e.g.Silva, Drupal).
- Excellent organisational, time-management and project-management skills, including the ability to work effectively on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and discretion, and the ability to liaise with staff and external individuals at any level of seniority and work within small teams.
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including accurate grammar, spelling and punctuation), with faultless attention to detail and an ability to write and present to a variety of different audiences.
- Extensive experience of writing, editing and sub-editing, including the expression of complex or technical material in lay terminology.
- Extensive knowledge of graphic design, photography, art direction and typography.
- A strong understanding of websites, social media and multimedia, and how they can be used for marketing.
- The ability to innovate, and to implement new communications strategies and novel technologies
- Proven ability to organise events.
- A track record in managing and delivering top quality strategic communications and large scale campaigns.
- Experience of producing a variety of communications materials (from concept to delivery) within tight deadlines
- Experience of producing effective print and online communications, e.g. press releases, reports, brochures and proposals.
- Extensive experience of technical and creative issues related to video and audio production and websites and a strong grasp of emerging communications technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of creating websites through the full development life cycle, including testing and maintaining complex websites using various content management systems.
- Experience of simple video production.
- An ability to identify new areas of activity (e.g. emerging markets, trends in social media etc.).
- Adaptable and resilient with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience