- Job Role
- Account Manager
Our client is a leading Restaurant/food communications agency in the UK, which due to Promotions within the business, and growth of new divisions are now seeking an Account Manager with restaurant/food experience. Travel experience would be a plus but not essential. The agency is based in central London and operates across the UK. Restaurant experience would be a huge bonus but failing that consumer food and drink background would be incredibly useful. It would also be great if anyone had travel experience too as the role would cover hotel clients too. Outgoing, proactive, highly organised candidates are what our client are looking for – no shrinking violets.
The agency is a fun place to work but it’s incredibly busy and candidates need to be organised and used to juggling multiple accounts. They are highly structured with teams consisting of a minimum of an AD, AM and SAE and they recruit from within so there are excellent opportunities for career progression for the right candidates. You need to have excellent press contacts and creativity as well as the ability to multi-task.
The culture is exciting, professional and fun, and they believe strongly in career development, which can be seen from their strong retention rate.
You will have the opportunity to be invited to some great launches, events and restaurants, and the Account Manager is a key member of the team working on and managing a portfolio of clients. The Account Manager will make a strong contribution to key business objectives through B2B and consumer campaigns and support the Account Director with the management of clients.
Proficient in PR skills, the Account Manager will act as a trainer to junior consultants and interns and also oversee and monitor their workload.
You will have;
- Proven track record and experience in the hospitality sector
- A great black book of media and third party contacts
- A nose for what is and what isn’t press worthy
- Digital savvy and the ability to integrate campaigns
- A big sense of teamwork and the ability to work autonomously
- Strong writing skills – ability to write ‘journalist quality’ press releases
- Creativity and commerciality
- Proven success in winning accounts and exceptional client servicing skills
- A strong work ethic and passion for the industry
- Managing all the day-to-day client activity and relationships through the team
- Implement campaigns and calendars in a timely manner to deliver strong press coverage
- Oversee client press coverage; ensuring regular and relevant coverage is secured and communicated to the client – seek to exceed client expectations
- Act as client counsel offering advice and nurture existing relationships
- Provide line management and training and development for junior team members
- Keep abreast of all media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs, for opportunities for clients including editorial and advertising
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- Signing off client status reports
- Selling in bigger features and news stories to the media
- Social media – oversee on behalf of clients and ensure team members are regularly promoting and interacting with clients across all platforms
- Ensure your team manages their time effectively
- Managing monthly status reports and coverage updates
- Actively participate in new business development including proposal writing
- Identify new business opportunities
- Maintain agreed client activity and budgets and alert the Account Director to any budget overspend/underspend
- Ensure all work is completed on time and within budget
- Ensure accurate invoicing for all clients
It’s a work hard play hard mentality with a great dynamic young team. We offer 28 days holiday, pensions, an extra day off on your birthday, monthly drinks in the office, participation in the employee of the month scheme where winners receive a personalised gift dependent on their interests, two big annual parties (summer & Christmas) and we close between Christmas and New Year giving employees several additional days depending on when the holidays fall.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading and niche PR agency who have been involved in some of London’s highly recognised restaurants/bar, pub campaigns.
Apply for Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly