2163 - Content Strategist - Reading - until the end of June 2018 -c£35,000 pro rata
Our client is a massive global player in the technology market and is looking for an experienced Content Strategist to work within the Digital Channels team. The candidate needs to have strong project management skills and content management skills.
Responsibilities will range from day to day operational management through to being an active team member of integrated marketing campaigns. Operating within the global web framework, the successful candidate will ensure that relevant content is featured on all properties in a timely manner, that it is effectively promoted through other owned and operated channels, and that its positioning and usage is measured and optimised.
The role requires a proactive individual with the confidence to debate and share ideas and the personal drive to identify opportunities and generate change. It would suit somebody who is keen to get involved and use this opportunity to build a career in digital marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the product and commercial marketing managers to share the content strategy and help translate it into actionable digital marketing metrics. Identifying ways of using our digital properties to achieve agreed business outcomes using the strategy.
- Working closely together with the relevant Social Media Community Managers, PR, Events and our Digital Paid marketing teams to ensure a strong connection between all channels and other digital destinations, such that they complement each other and all have a narrative thread that links them together
- Coordination and running of our editorial content scrums, working closely with the Digital Destination and Storytelling Lead.
- Coordination of content for campaigns that need digital support
- Monitoring overall content resonance scoring providing a regular view of this with insights and recommendations for improvement, to stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
- A passion for content and experience writing content strategies
- A passionate, go getting person, self-driven with acute attention to detail.
- Someone who thrives off process and has experience managing content and large-scale projects
- Experience of active involvement in marketing communications campaigns
- Ability to work within and across multiple teams and with a range of stakeholders in order to deliver on shared goals, liaising between technical, creative and business teams.
- Able to bring new ideas and proposals to execute via our owned and operated digital channels and to provide valued input into marketing campaign plans.
- Resourcefulness, proactive approach and can-do attitude – must be a self-starter who can identify opportunities and see them through to completion.
- Good creative judgment – ability to express opinion with objectivity.
- Multi-tasker, able to juggle a number of tasks.
- Reliable, and able to deliver against timely deadlines.
- Ability to cope with periods of high pressure whilst retaining a measured and rational approach.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, with the ability to analyse web traffic data and provide insight on the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Related Degree preferable