Marketing and PR Officer
An exciting opportunity has just arisen with one of Britain's the most well renowned museums in the London Docklands as a Marketing and PR Officer. You will be responsible for delivering support to the Marketing, PR and CRM Managers when devising, implementing and monitoring imaginative, cost-effective communications campaigns to raise awareness of the Museum's commercial activities.
The main focus will be a 50/50 split of marketing and PR responsibilities. This role will be reporting directly to the Marketing Manager.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To maximise positive media coverage in print, broadcast and online channels, including blogs and influential Twitter profiles, for the Museum of London Docklands brand.
- To proactively pursue and develop mutually beneficial partnerships with London brands and external organisations (including tourism bodies, local authorities, sector colleagues and agencies) in order to reach target audiences and enhance the Museum of London Docklands brand.
- To plan and implement integrated marketing campaigns, including advertising, print, third party partnerships and online initiatives, for the promotion of select events, exhibitions and projects. Briefing, procuring and managing media buyers, design agencies and other external suppliers, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- To plan and develop effective email marketing campaigns and increase data capture in line with the museum's email marketing strategy.
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstrable substantial communications experience with an understanding of how PR, social media and marketing can work together to achieve communications objectives.
- Proven ability to think creatively, devising effective, imaginative marketing and PR initiatives within tight budgets and to deadline.
- Experience of writing accurate, engaging copy and producing print and digital communications to a consistently high standard.
- Experience of building and developing mutually beneficial partnerships with external organisations.
The successful candidate could earn up to £31,020 per annum (dependant on experience).