BD Manager (Funds & Private Equity)
A leading law firm in the city of London is looking for a Business Development Manager to provide high quality and effective business development support for lawyers in Funds & Private Equity to include pitch proposals, CRM, thought leadership and line management. Main responsibilities include:
* Developing a thought leadership strategy designed to reinforce the firm's drive towards being seen as a market leader with banking clients, including the firm's approach to industry publications and briefings, alignment with industry bodies and industry conferences and general profile raising initiatives across industries generally.
* Liaising with partners to draft directory and league table submissions
* Developing client pitches, panel pitches or strategically important pitches and ensuring that the client team deliver these pitches to the highest of standards and within deadline
* Ensuring that systems are in place to capture pitch metrics, win/loss ratios, ensuring that post matter debriefs are completed and reporting reasons for success or otherwise
* Managing some of the firm's leading funds clients
* Preparing client reports and ensuring the compilation, implementation and delivery of global client account plans
* Proactively track client and industry news and trends, spotting revenue generation opportunities and driving the opportunity to its ultimate conclusion
* Analysing existing client relationships and, using gap analysis, identify and drive cross-selling opportunities.
The ideal candidate will hold a good university degree or equivalent qualification and must have significant business development experience gained within the private equity and insurance industries in a law or professional services environment. The BD Manager will also need experience of managing budgets and large panel pitches and significant tenders, meeting with external clients and attending client relationship meetings, and a proven track record in managing the delivery of commercial thought leadership pieces from either an industry, product or geographical perspective. Good people management skills, particularly experience in engaging with partners and senior management as well as developing and nurturing junior team members is necessary, as is the ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC
Apply for BD Manager (Funds & Private Equity)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly