Junior Ruby on Rails Developer
Junior Ruby on Rails Developer, Central London – Up to £30,000
I’m working alongside a multi-award winning Creative agency in Central London with a client list and creative team that can only be described as enviable. They are a mid-sized company who’ve had a great few years and continue to grow, as such they are looking for a new Junior Ruby Developer to join the team. You will provide technical production and development skills across various client and project types. The candidate will join a talented creative team of designers and developers, providing a technical edge, dedication to technology and have a passion for creating standout and engaging online materials.
The Role and Requirements:
This role will cover an ever changing variety of client project requirements, across many areas of the technical paradigm the wider digital mix. Primarily the role is technically led, but will involve early stage involvement in the conceptual elements of projects. Somebody keen to build simple solutions for complex problems is key!
As a Ruby Developer, your main responsibility will be the production, revision and maintenance of websites, web applications’ and software builds. To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate a clear passion for Development, and the ability to enthuse others about its value and importance to the wider project.
If you’re keen to work alongside an experienced development partner and be pushed to develop new skills, techniques and just generally progress yourself as a programmer then this is a perfect position to consider.
You will be expected to:
- Grow and share your knowledge of industry developments and emerging technologies
- Provide accurate timing estimates for projects
- Contribute at an early stage to pitches, briefings and other projects
- Recommend and discuss solutions with the creative department
- Bring new ideas and thinking to the agency, and apply best practice to drive the quality of our digital output
- Have personal, professional or academic experience with a web-based programming language such as Ruby or PHP
- You’ll be eager to continually want to learn about software best practices such as refactoring and domain driven design.
If this sounds of interest please do get in touch ASAP to discuss it in full.