PR Account Manager
Interested in exposure in the PR industry with a multitude of added benefits? We could have the perfect job for you!
Our client is an exciting, fast growing and multi-award winning PR agency and they’re on the hunt for an enthusiastic PR account manager to join their team! This is a company that firmly believes that they are only as good as their employees - they require the best of the best and therefore offer training opportunities to develop skills helping their people to grow into quality experts in PR. They want to look after their employees with bonuses, a generous holiday allowance, an annual long team weekend away, breakfast on them and a MacBook!
Based in South Manchester, the offices are close to public transportation links within a short walking distance which include tram, train and bus making your commute that bit easier (also makes it easier to head into town come 5 pm on a Friday!). The successful candidate will work across both consumer and B2B accounts and will quickly gain client facing experience, a strong opportunity for progression and brilliant exposure in the PR industry!
Main Roles and Responsibilities of the PR Account Manager:
- Responsible for all client communications and the associated delivery of accounts’ objectives, ensuring quality standards are met and excellent customer service is provided
- Work closely with the Managing Director and third parties (e.g. freelancers, suppliers) in order to deliver PR campaigns
- Generate PR opportunities for the agency’s clients to gain coverage in consumer and trade media
- Write, distribute and sell in press releases and features to national, regional and trade
- Manage clients to understand their requirements and optimise the opportunity to utilise PR to their advantage
- Gain coverage for broadcast and non-broadcast media covering radio, TV and digital media
- Assist in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns, ensuring all activity is monitored, tracked and shared with the client to develop and maintain excellent relationships with the agency’s clients
- Engage in project management duties
- Attend meetings with clients; deliver presentations as and when required
- Seek opportunities to build links and intern create account growth and business development
Skills and Attributes of the PR Account Manager:
- Proven account management and development skills, most probably gained from a PR agency, although a background in journalism may also be considered
- Solid academic background, with a first degree ideally in Business and/or English
- Core consumer brand PR background with some knowledge of corporate PR and crisis management
- Experience of running a reactive and proactive press office and handling incoming press enquiries
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story and ability to write ‘journalist quality’ press releases
- Confident with liaising directly with media across all channels and existing contacts on a regional and national basis
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
If you are looking to progress and raise your profile in an established and leading PR agency then do not let this opportunity pass you by! If you would like any further information please call one of our award winning team today on 0161 833 1045 or email email@example.com.