Product Manager - B2B Service Propositions
We're recruiting a number of Product Manager opportunities working for one of the big guns in the telecoms and technology market. These are both great opportunities for people who might have completed a graduate programme and is looking for your 1st step into a bigger, more complex role where you will be challenged with large-scale projects, lots of ownership and the ability to drive a P&L result too.
The employer is able to engage these vacancies across multiple locations in the UK where they have large, established offices. So plenty of support and you will be working in quite a big team, both locally, and also in a matrix manner too. The locations available include Birmingham, Leeds, London or Bolton. It's important to highlight the travel requirement will be light, no matter which office you select.
The remit for each role is similar, as they work in the same team:
- Own the product roadmap for your designated product category
- Be responsible for the definition of new product or proposition concepts and ideas, managing those from business case through to delivery into market
- Remediate any issues with the product/proposition, look at how to tweak or modify based on market and customer changes in needs, competitive situation or any other factor which could impact
- Be responsible for driving a positive P&L result from your product category
- What will the experience be like for customers (buying and user experiences as well as journeys)
- Engage with commercial channels and the go to market team to bring to market successfully
- Manage vendors and reseller relationships
You will be joining a quite large and diverse team, working into senior members of the team who will be there to support and help nurture your commercial skills every step of the way, looking to progress you into a Senior Product Manager position when the timing is right to do so.
You will specifically be working on propositions to bring to market for the UK part of what is a Global business, but, as such you will certainly have opportunity to work closely with your Global counterparts to understand what's on their product roadmaps too, and look for opportunities to pull down relevant service solutions from their global portfolio, make tweaks or changes to the product/proposition to suit a local market, which will include setting the pricing strategy or customer experience modifications and launch them into market.
On top of this will be the maintenance of the existing portfolio. Reviewing its competitiveness in market, making tweaks and changes based on sound customer and market insight to either enhance customer appeal to drive further acquisition, or improve customer satisfaction and retention.
You're going to get really senior level business exposure here too, right up to VP level, as you pitch business ideas and cases in order to secure budget allocation which will support the development of your product roadmap.
This opportunity will really suit a self-starter with ambition, drive and determination. There's real opportunity available here because of exposure to senior leaders and driving meaningful, as well as large scale business cases.
Role: Product/Propositions Manager
Location: London, Birmingham, Leeds or Bolton
Salary: £30,000 to £45,000 (location and experience dependant)
Benefits: 10% on target bonus, pension, flex-bens package and 25 days leave
- Commercial Project or Product Management experience - sector agnostic
- Some understanding around IT would be beneficial with things like Cisco, Microsoft solutions, cloud and data solutions
- If you've come from a graduate programme with a commercial, product, project management type rotation, that would be great!
- A great commercial thinker - balancing customer need, pricing strategies, value and return
- Evidence in the delivery of new propositions/products to market
- Any experience gained within a Graduate programme and rotations within commercial marketing, product or propositions division is highly valued
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
Apply for Product Manager - B2B Service Propositions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly