Head of Operations - Business Management
Now this is a role that needs a certain type of character in order to be successful. It's been described as an ideal fit for someone who's ex-military, because of the need to be organised, and be a great organiser of people, whilst also being exceptionally clear and concise with communication too, and a razor sharp focus to delivering to complex projects.
As the Head of Operations, you will be reporting into the Managing Director of the business and also directly managing a small team of direct reports.
Your mandate is to be the right-hand-person to the Managing Director, taking control of relevant large-scale projects and seeing them through to completion. These projects will often be complex, sensitive, operationally focused or looking at delivering transformation programmes to what is a £1bn organisation, and can be a mix of single handed delivery, small project teams and programmes involving hundreds of people.
You're going to be taking control of complex business problems, be expected to own them and deliver to a business outcome. This will involve lots of senior stakeholder management, giving you the opportunity to be recognised for your successes in delivering programmes which have a real, measurable impact on the business, by the executive leadership team.
This is a multi-billion Pound, multi-divisional business which is also a very well recognised household brand. They employ tens of thousands of people, and their services provide the backbone of technology infrastructure across the UK.
You will be working for one of these divisions, and one that's potentially the largest and most influential business unit, responsible for in-excess of £1bn revenue each year.
Your business exposure will be right to the very top of the organisation, as you will be acting on behalf of the unit's Managing Director. This role will offer you a great platform for upward progression because of the connections made within the organisation. The things you will be delivering will frequently be the kind of programmes the MD would handle themselves. So it's a great opportunity for career advancement too.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, why not contact Colin Doree at Blue Pelican today?
Role: Head of Operations - Business Management
Salary: £70,000 to £75,000
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, 15% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Experience in a similar type of role working in a large, complex organisation
- You're experienced in handling large, complex and sometimes sensitive projects on behalf of senior business execs
- Able to organise large teams, prioritise complex workloads and are a 'completer-finisher' in seeing these through
- Outstanding level of communication, able to dissect complex information and translate it back in clear, concise language, cutting through the complexity and ambiguity, ensuring people are bought in and clearly understand the part they play in seeing through delivery
- Very strong commercial skills - able to take complex information and make balanced business decisions and actionable intelligence off of it
- Incredibly structured and organised in your approach to tasks, with great time management skills
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.
Apply for Head of Operations - Business Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly