Looking for a Designer job where you can unleash your inner Geek?
Does the thought of working in a creative environment with brands like Marvel, Star Wars and DC set your Spider senses tingling? Can you take photos like Peter Parker and make art like Jack Kirby? Do you know your Doctor Doom from your Doctor Who? Will you be booking a day off work the day Destiny 2 releases?
If so Green Shoots Recruitment has your ideal job!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and qualified designer, with a stunning portfolio of work that shows you love and understands this world.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of a lean, forward thinking e-commerce team that is experiencing rapid growth in an interesting industry.
As Creative Director, you will be the sole member of the Creative team, working directly with the Company Directors. Your main responsibilities will be to photograph and create images that showcase our products in a way that will most excite customers, who are ardent fans of the brands they sell (such as Star Wars, Superman Batman etc).
Taking the creative lead your responsibilities will cover all areas, from the initial inception of ideas to producing the end results.
- Be a qualified and experienced designer with a great portfolio
- Be creative and have strong ideas about how products can be best showcased
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of comicbooks, movies, videogames and geek brands
- Have extensive product photography experience, working in a studio environment
- Have experience of pinning and styling clothing
- Welcome the challenge of working work on a minimal budget, by making the most of lighting, free locations, existing props, and Photoshop
- Be able to replicate a brand’s aesthetics through the use of Photoshop, lighting etc
- Have a strong desire to create images that 'wow’ customers
- Have excellent Photoshop skills
- Create graphics as required for the website, newsletters and other platforms
- Liaise with models, freelancers and other departments
- The successful Creative Director will be a creative individual in love with geek brands, who is constantly able to come up with new, exciting ideas and has the technical ability to execute them.
You will also have:
- An amazing portfolio of images in this, or a related niche
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- A self-motivated ability to constantly improve upon your work
- A passion for videogame, movie and geek brands