Business Development Executive - Energy & Infrastructure
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is one of the largest full service law firms in the world, acting for the public and private sector with offices across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, US and Asia providing legal advice to clients across out company commercial, human resources, litigation and dispute management, real estate practices.
The Eversheds Sutherland marketing team is widely recognised as challenging the paradigm of traditional law firm marketing. Join us if you thrive in an environment where you are genuinely empowered to lead and deliver on highly strategic and innovative client-facing programmes and projects. You will be dealing with some of the world's top business names working alongside some of the world's leading lawyers, exploiting your professional knowledge and experience. Every day is different but every day is satisfying.
The successful candidate for this position will work well individually and as part of a team and will demonstrate our values daily. They will be analytical, enthusiastic, comfortable working with all levels of seniority and possess a strong work ethic. They should be able to demonstrate the highest quality customer service by delighting customers at every opportunity and be ready to be proactive in helping our business grow and move forwards.
• Work with the Energy & Infrastructure (E&I) Sector and Client Development team to support marketing campaigns in the E&I sector including creating business development materials and leadership content, writing web content, organising events, awards submissions and creating e-briefings and newsletters.
• Work with the team and fee-earners directly on specific pitch opportunities.
• Manage an online best practice library of pitch materials
• Negotiate and action barter and partnerships agreements with external conference organizers, trade bodies, intermediaries and associations.
• Financial tasks including processing invoices, marketing budget tracker, client database, experience database and others as required.
• responsible for a developing and maintaining a high quality set of ‘off the shelf’ pitch materials, covering our strategic
global practices within E&I, liaising with colleagues in Middle East, Asia and the US.
• Working with the Business Development Manager to help to monitor various tender databases for new E&I opportunities
• supporting on various directory and league table submissions
Skills and experience:
• The successful candidate will ideally have experience within a professional services environment, preferably with exposure to the financial, technical advisory or legal industries. Alternative backgrounds of relevance to the E&I sector will also be considered.
• Candidates will ideally have gained experience of business development, particularly within the area of pitches and supporting marketing campaigns
• high level of attention to detail
• commercial and able to work in a very international environment
• strong communication and writing skills for drafting, editing and proofing
• excellent project management skills – with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• ability to liaise confidently and build relationships with stakeholders
• energy/ infrastructure sector knowledge highly valued but not essential
• Your previous experience will demonstrate an ability to develop relationships and capacity to use influencing skills to gain credibility across all levels within a firm.
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills.
• You will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You will be a team player with a passion and ambition to develop a real competitive advantage in this exciting market place.
We are a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.