Hertfordshire / Buckinghamshire / Bedfordshire
- £25,000 Basic Salary Plus Bonus
- Excellent Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Great Soft Benefits
About our Client:
This global company have a great presence in the UK and whilst there is a blue chip structure to the business they are able to innovate and be creative at speed.
With a strong NPD pipeline throughout 2017, this is a business that is constantly looking to innovate, be disruptive and give the retailers an alternative to the norm. They have fun whilst working hard so need someone who truly wants to get their nose into everything and be involved with the National Accounts team, the marketers and anyone else who will listen!
You will be given great freedom, but with that comes a load of exposure and responsibility. The company wants to push and constantly challenge you in order to develop you through the ranks quickly.
Team culture and working together is absolutely key. They want to see someone working hard and striving for success. In return, they reward with development and a great culture to work in.
About the Role:
As the Category Analyst, you’ll support in the execution of the category management & trade marketing strategies & objectives working across the whole range into the grocery, high street and discounter sectors.
Other duties of the Category Analyst will include:
- Understand the dynamics of these categories and to work closely with internal teams (sales and marketing), & international colleagues to maximise business returns.
- Utilise market, account and shopper data (IRI, Kantar, Advantage) to aid business thinking on commercial and trade sector planning.
- Getting involved in promotional evaluation process by analysing the data (internal and IRI) and to make recommendations accordingly – feeding in to the promotional planning process.
- Supporting the Customer Marketing Managers by creating account specific selling stories to ensure a winning strategy at range reviews.
- Tracking and evaluating competitor activity in the market (both in store & online) and report back to internal teams.
- Degree qualified.
- Experience in industry / FMCG environment.
- Analytical problem solver with a high attention to detail – Knowledge of IRI and Kantar data would be advantageous.
- High level of numeracy with exceptional IT skills.
- An effective communicator - confident and outgoing – with highly impactful presentation skills.
- Proactive, passionate, team player with a desire to learn.
PIE Recruitment gets straight to the point – we don’t just find great individuals – we build great teams. With specialist delivery across the Sales & Marketing spectrum we offer insight and expertise into the Consumer, Retail, Technology, Automotive and Business to Business Markets.
Founded by an experienced team with a passion for customer experience and effective delivery we provide the full range of recruitment solutions – contingent, retained search, advertised selection, talent pooling and discrete, informative market mapping.
Contact us for more information on 01494 590404 / firstname.lastname@example.org