Interim Category / Trading Manager - Consumer Technology
A new opportunity has arisen looking for an experienced interim Trading Manager to work for one of the main players within the consumer technology and telecoms market to join their trading team looking after the daily, weekly and monthly trading plans in what is a multi-channel environment (direct retail, indirect sales channel and web).
In this role you will be responsible for all trading activities within this specific category, covering both small tweaks and larger scale changes on a day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month basis to ensure the overall objectives of volume and value of sales is successfully achieved.
A highly commercial role with a huge opportunity to positively impact a P&L within a very fast-paced and dynamic market due to its competitive nature. Owning the tactical trading roadmap will mean roughly a 12 week rolling view, needing to balance both the immediate need to make up any potential short-falls through short run offers, balancing the offset of margin giveaways with longer term pay-back opportunities too in order to ensure both sell through rates and value is achieved overall.
The trading aspect of this role isn't just to new customers, so there will be a need to work closely with the CRM decisioning business unit to outline qualifying rules for offers to be presented to existing customers too both through on and offline channels.
Naturally any tweak or change to trading plans or customer incentives and the likes will need robust impact assessment to ensure longer term objectives remain achievable.
- Owning the trading roadmap for the mobile devices and accessories business area
- Acting as gate keeper and key assessor for all new commercial incentives used to drive change or changes/tweaks to new propositions which affect margin, value and profitability
- Ensuring all changes delivered into channel are executed seamlessly and achieve an excellent customer experience
- Owner of the longer-term roadmap for mobile trading plans and releases - which will be the 6 month forecasts - to ensure short-term actions don't cannibalise longer-term objectives
- Be responsible for weekly trading based presentations to senior business leaders, presenting both the state-to-date and future plans which outline how objectives will be achieved
Role: Interim Category / Trading Manager - Consumer Technology
Location: Between Reading & Slough
Rate: £350-400 per day
Term: 3 months initially, likely to extend. With potential option to go permanent.
- Industry relevant experience within consumer technology, retail or similar fast moving consumer good environment necessary
- Have worked in a highly commercial role looking after trading plans for consumer tech/mobile
- A really sound understanding of the consumer technology market place (mobiles, devices, peripherals, etc), what the key trends are and drivers across propositions, products and the way technology is evolving in that space
- Able to work with complex data, namely around commercial levers and drivers, and identify the truth of the situation, then create plans of action which are simple and compelling when backed by this data
- Great understanding of the sales mechanics within a multi-channel environment, how to successfully leverage them to achieve commercial success when developing trading plans
- Great stakeholder management skills and experience, particular when working in a fast-paced, large-scale business environment
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call 01892 507 100 and ask for the marketing division.