Senior Digital PM / Project Director. 6 month contract
Our client is an award-winning digital agency with ambitious growth targets.
They are looking to hire Senior Project Manager or Project Director to join their dynamic team on a 6 month contract. You will play the key role in the management of a significant client account and roll out of a large web build. Previous experience of financial services/pension products would be beneficial.
They work with clients predominantly across the financial, property, food and drink, arts and heritage, and destination marketing sectors, delivering exceptional UX, responsive design and development, social strategy and implementation across scalable solutions including ecomm, and bespoke CRM. With a team of established developers, their solutions span open source platforms including Drupal, Magento, and Wordpress.
It goes without saying that you will have proven experience of effectively project managing large client projects while maximising revenue, and building strategic client relationships alongside a strong understanding of the industry landscape.
Candidates are expected to have a minimum of 5 years commercial experience but significantly more would be beneficial for this role.
The main responsibilities of the role:
Responsibility for the day-to-day management of clients building happy, strong, honest and profitable client relationships at board level (or below). You will hold commercial responsibility for a large client.
- Definition and development of the brief, working closely with the client and key stakeholders to achieve effective scoping, planning, forecasting and implementing requirements which add real value to both the client and the agency in terms of outcomes
- Managing each project, to reduce creep in scope, client expectations and delivery against project plan and budget
- Managing any risk and issues that come up, escalating where necessary
- Maintaining the agencies high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting Client Relationships
- Responsibility for adherence to agreed SLA, T&C’s and work closely with the accounts team to keep key accounts running smoothly
- Analysing client campaign results (from both multi and single channel campaigns) and related data (GA) to identify opportunities and anticipate any issues that might lead to a lack of performance
- Working closely with the Managing Director, Programme Director and Operations Director.
- Supporting new business pitches either by writing proposals, preparing forecasts or presenting as part of the core team in pitch meetings.
- Ability to understand the clients’ strategic and broader marketing needs to form effective digital solutions as part of a broader customer experience
Experience and skills:
You will have experience of delivering large web build projects with particular strengths in verbalising technical requirements. You will pride yourself on attention to detail and will be able to grasp the bigger picture quickly.
In particular, you will have the following skills set /characteristics
- Good understanding of both client- and server-side technologies
- Understanding of the full digital project lifecycle
- Experience and knowledge of Prince 2, Agile, Waterfall or Scrum methodology
- Organised and thorough in approach to project management and proficient in use of tools such as Basecamp, TeamGantt or similar
- Strong client relationship building experience with excellent presentation skills
- Excellent report-writing, analytical and project management skills with acute attention to detail
- Able to contribute to new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise and manage time across multiple clients in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A proven track record of proactively identifying business opportunities, problem solving and creative thinking
- Technology-friendly, able to learn new software quickly
- Highly numerate, with strong Excel skills
- Analysis skills - able to interpret data
- Leadership by example
- Collaborative in approach