Category Manager / Business Marketing Manager / Product Manager
Category Manager; Business Marketing Manager; Product Manager
Do you have a passion for outdoors? Do you enjoy gardening? Do you want to work for a fast-growing, well established company that is growing it UK presence rapidly? We are looking for a motivated, outgoing individual who can demonstrate a genuine interest in the product marketing and category management of products within the company’s Outdoor Product ranges.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
A well-established company that has grown rapidly and wants to emulate the success in the UK with what has been achieved in other countries. The company is progressive, reactive and entrepreneurial and encourages promotion and development from within and has strong relationships with their business accounts and owns multiple licence brands across their network.
There is a real team ethos across the organisation who believe in maintaining a positive working atmosphere in the work place whilst still maintaining a strong work ethic.
They have a great track record of promotion from within and indeed the Line Manager you would be reporting to started off their career as a Product Manager with the company, then progressed to Business Manager and is now General Manager heading up the growth and expansion within Milton Keynes so this role is key to delivering the company’s growth targets.
WHAT IS THE JOB DOING?
This role will be working with a key business account which has a high profile in the business and ensuring the profitability of all products within each category is monitored and maximised.
- Understanding the profitability of all the products within each category, ensuring that this is at the forefront of mind, aligning product ranges and promotions to the key business managers
- Management of a key business account at buying level by preparing new product submissions, managing in store inventory and account margin and liaising with cross functional teams
- Liaising with supply chain to ensure every product lifecycle is accurate and timely
- Supporting the cross functional teams; sales, finance, service, customer services and supply chain to effective manage product life cycle
- Utilisation of the EMEA marketing teams to ensure full and effective launches of all new products and a strong brand plan
- Presenting new products to the sales teams and equipping them with product knowledge, competitor analysis and sales packages to ensure a successful launch
- Managing the effective communication flow of information between sales teams, marketing and EMEA product management
- Providing UK specific input to the European brand and product development planning processes
- Managing Market Intelligence and reporting out to the wider group
- Managing and working within the Marketing budget to ensure successful marcoms across the brands
You will be reporting into the General Manager and managing one direct report (a Product Manager) but will have full autonomy and oversee the team growth as part of the business plan so financial business understanding will also be key. You must have come from a product marketing background (rather than services) and preferably have a link to power tools; outdoor products, gardening products etc.
As a core member of the team, you will be expected to work autonomously, act as an ambassador for the company and be able to deal with people at all levels. This role is mostly office based but some UK travel and occasional European travel will be required. This is a really exciting opportunity which combines sales, marketing and a passion for outdoor products/DIY/gardening.
If you are a “people person” with a passion for product marketing, category management and the outdoors then we would like to hear from you!
Apply for Category Manager / Business Marketing Manager / Product Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly