Head of Digital Marketing
Blue Compass is a fast growing and innovative digital company operating a portfolio of industry leading websites in the Film, Television and Theatre industry.
Established in 2003, Blue Compass websites revolutionised the way Actors and Film Crew find work. The company now has 22 staff comprised mainly of Website Administrators, Marketing, Sales and an in-house Development Team. Our network of websites have rapidly grown to 2m registered userand has market leading positions in both the UK and the US.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Head of Digital Marketing to take on this new and exciting position within the company. The Head of Digital Marketing will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of creating and implementing tactical digital marketing strategies.
The Head of Digital Marketing will create and manage the Blue Compass digital marketing strategy and roadmap. You will use their in-depth knowledge of PPC, web metrics and analytics to drive revenue, user engagement, user journey and brand recognition. You will manage all display, SEO and PPC campaigns. You will need experience managing a small team, you will mentor and develop your direct reports.
The Blue Compass Head of Digital Marketing will be results oriented with a strong data-driven analytical mind-set.
You will ensure you have a passion for digital technologies. You will work closely with all business stakeholders to ensure consistency through digital marketing channels.
You will provide forward-thinking digital marketing concepts and strategies, to build and maintain a strong company web presence, and brand identity.
You will ensure, through your marketing experience and endeavours, that Blue Compass maintains it’s position as a leading provider in the Entertainment recruitment/networking sector.
- Create an overarching digital marketing strategy to drive revenue growth, customer engagement, and market share.
- Create, manage and develop the business’s online strategy.
- Develop a digital marketing roadmap
- Ensure best practice marketing activities across all Blue Compass channels.
- Ensure all marketing activities are in line with Blue Compass growth strategies.
- Manage all display and PPC campaigns with meaningful budgets, both in-house and through an agency.
- Design, build and maintain the company's social media presence.
- Ensure that UX and customer journeys are being regularly audited and refined via the business’s CRO programmes and through regular contact all key stakeholders.
- Ensure all Blue Compass websites comply with all legal and statutory requirements where relevant.
- Ensure all site content is optimised for excellent customer experience and SEO, with robust processes and briefs for the creation of engaging online copy and content.
- Ensure product taxonomy and tagging rules are introduced/developed, and rigorously adhered to for optimal customer navigation and reporting purposes.
- Work closely with our technical tech on the creation, integration and implementation of all new, online technical requirements.
- Must have detailed experience in leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, content, social media and/or display advertising campaigns and strategies.
- Experience in optimising landing pages and user funnels
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, Web Trends).
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools.
- Experience in setting up and optimising Google AdWords campaigns.
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- CIM or IDM marketing qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial & commercial thinker.
- A leader & inspires others.
- Highly agile and able to adapt to the evolving digital landscape.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.