Communications Manager- Financial services
Communications Manager- Financial Services
£35,000-£45,000 + bonus, bens
Our client, a global financial services organisation is looking for a communications professional to be responsible for executing external communications activity, projects and campaigns across the business on a global basis. This is a hands-on role that requires both tactical skills and strategical thinking in order to rapidly manage issues, promote products and services. You will be working with communications teams across the globe to effectively use existing content, engage with and manage the UK media.
- Drafting externally focused content (such as press releases, opinion pieces, quotes)
- Re-purposing client comment, working across social media and seeking opportunities to meaningfully engage with the media across our key themes.
- Create and execute compelling content, repurposing client content and drafting new content
- Draft press releases, quotes and Q&As
- Manage media engagement with the trade media in the UK, holding events (such as round tables, educational sessions and one on ones)
- Draw on global and regional content and expertise to deliver media activity
- Keep up to date with financial external and communications research, techniques and approaches, including Digital and Social communications where appropriate
- Drafting content as needed with the employee communications team
- Current/recent external communications experience gained within the financial service sector (agency or client side)
- An understanding of the financial sector, media environment and culture
- Good network of contacts and understanding of the differing types of media
- Proven ability to operate within a global matrix organisation
- Proven experience dealing with senior management and ability to influence key stakeholders
- Able to align to a global strategy, while maintaining an awareness of local sensitivities
- Strong storytelling and writing skills and ability to produce clear, engaging narrative
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to deliver accurate copy on time.
Please send your CV to Becki Reed via the link provided
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.