Social Media Manager
Social Media & Influencer Outreach Manager
Rentalcars.com is looking for a Social Media and Influencer Outreach Manager to join our fast growing team in Manchester. Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car rental service, with 49,000 locations in 163 countries and communicates in 42 different languages and this role will require a well-connected individual who can bring the Rentalcars.com difference to life through effective Social Media propagation and digital outreach.
You are the Social Media guru, the go to person on anything and everything social. At Rentalcars.com, Social Media is a largely untapped opportunity and will be yours to grow into something magnificent that reflects our brand, and creates excitement around what having a hire car can do for our customers. You’ll prove the worth of the Social environment, including outreach opportunities to drive our brand authority.
As a Social Media expert you will know how to connect and engage with the social consumer, have a passion for the travel sector and be looking to work in-house for a great brand. You will be someone who can create the vision for and drive the engagement campaigns, while also focussing on building successful propagation through blogs/vlogs etc. The role is very hands on so you will be someone who is self-sufficient and confident driving forward the strategy and relevant campaigns.
You’ll ensure that everything we create is accurate, and in tune with business requirements, working closely with the legal, customer service, marketing and product teams to effectively represent the business.
- Create a social action plan for delivering ongoing engagement activities in our social media channels that is connected with our broader marketing editorial calendar (primarily Facebook to start with)
- Create and execute the daily posts for delivery into Social Channels
- Develop the Social channel strategy, guiding the business into new channel launches and taking those channels to market
- Develop and execute strategies to drive Social Traffic through external Social Influencers (i.e. You Tube and Instagram), external blogs/vlogs and the co-creation of externally created content
- Build relationships with digital media and social influencers
- Maintain expertise on outreach, digital PR and best practice industry trends
- Collaborate with content production to execute best in class story-telling to your channels
- Secure high quality content placements, brand mentions and links, using the content you have at your disposable, while also driving the need for the content you require.
- Manage strategies to drive improvements into our social online reputation
- Manage the reporting dashboard for the performance of all Social activities and our online reputation
- Proven track record in developing & delivering world class social plans across a mix of online environments within a retail/ecommerce/travel environment
- A strong track record of earning Digital PR coverage across mainstream media and digital publishers
- At least 3 years’ experience working in Social Media and Digital Outreach
- Experience in creating engaging social content
- Experience in creating meaningful Social Influencer relationships
- Branding principles and their application
- Harnessing content to drive social posts
- Proficient in using SEO, PR and Social tools
- Educated to degree level or with relevant professional qualifications (i.e. CIM, Marketing Society, MRS etc.) OR relevant industry experience
- Strong copywriting skills with attention to appropriate Tone of Voice
- Metrics-driven leadership mindset
- A creative flair and passion
- Self-starter, able to prioritise and deliver own workload
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Flexible team player who is adaptable with the ability to work under pressure
- Highly organised and able to multi-task across a range of activities
- Excellent presentation skills and along with a competency in office software (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)