Rentalcars.com is looking for a PR and Outreach Manager to join our fast growing team in Manchester. Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car rental service, with 49,000 locations in 163 countries and communicates in 42 different languages and this role will require a brilliant strategic individual who can prepare, plan, commission and produce PR strategies, and manage the digital and non-digital outreach plans for the entire business.
As a PR expert you will have a great contacts book ideally in the consumer travel and or consumer markets, you will have a passion for the travel sector, have experience with PR in a global business and be looking to work in-house for a great brand. You will be someone who can drive the campaigns through to the end, on both traditional and digital media campaigns, while also being able to manage the businesses offline and online reputation and sentiment. The role is very hands on so you will be someone who is self-sufficient and confident driving forward and executing the strategy and relevant campaigns.
You’ll ensure that everything we create is accurate, and in tune with business requirements, working closely with the legal, customer service, marketing and product teams, as well as group PR to effectively represent the business.
- Develop and implement all press office activities, including counsel to senior management on media and reputational issues.
- Coordinate the creation and approval of all business press releases, statements and other materials for external use from our various businesses and countries.
- Drive the vision, development and organization of PR content that is useful, compelling and meaningful across our owned media, social media and indirectly through distributed content
- Secure high quality content placements, brand mentions and links, using the content you have at your disposable, while also driving the need for the content you require.
- Working with the marketing teams to develop quarterly PR plans that help deliver commercial imperatives.
- Ensure effective execution of PR tactics to support the regional PR plans
- Oversee execution of media relations, speaker placement, digital campaigns, public affairs activity and crisis management as well as managing key media communications including media days, briefings, press conferences, and webcasts.
- Manage strategies to drive improvements into our online reputation on Online Review sites and Forums
- Plan and implement tests on review sites in conjunction with the Customer Service Teams to improve our perception across these sites
- Plans, drafts and executes crisis communication plans
- Liaise with Group PR for approval of all outgoing PR activities and to leverage group support for global executions
- Manage PR agencies in relevant countries to execute on agreed business and regional PR plans
- Proven track record in developing & delivering a world class PR strategy across key media channels in a retail/ecommerce/travel environment
- A strong track record of earning Digital PR coverage across mainstream media and digital publishers
- At least 3 years’ experience working in PR and media
- At least 5 years’ experience in broader marketing/communications roles
- A strong ‘Black Book’ of PR contacts in both traditional and digital media
- Experience in managing editorial relationships to drive story pick up
- Experience in crisis management and crisis strategy development
- Branding principles and their application
- Harnessing content to drive news worthy stories
- Educated to degree level or with relevant professional qualifications (i.e. CIM, Marketing Society, MRS etc.) OR relevant industry experience
- Strong copywriting skills with attention to appropriate Tone of Voice
- Metrics-driven leadership mindset
- A creative flair and passion
- Self-starter, able to prioritise and deliver own workload
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Flexible team player who is adaptable with the ability to work under pressure
- Highly organised and able to multi-task across a range of activities
- Excellent presentation skills and along with a competency in office software (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)