Senior UX Designer
User Experience at Addison Group
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience designer with strong creative skills, to help plan, structure and create better, more truly user-centred corporate web sites and other online interfaces. In this role you will work closely with other designers, consultants, project managers and our tech team. You will not only have a deep knowledge of best practice UX, and a keen interest in harnessing user data and other forms of research to inform a thorough, evidence based approach, but also strong creative and aesthetic capabilities which you can bring together to help our clients meet their often complex and challenging digital communication objectives.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with some of the UK and Europe’s leading companies, using your skills and judgment to help reinforce Addison Group’s long-standing reputation as an innovative, insightful and forward looking digital agency.
Purpose of the role
The Senior UX Designer will be a senior member of the creative team, reporting to one of our three Creative Directors. The role has four main elements.
- Playing a lead role in the plan and designing of effective UX structures and designs for our portfolio of leading UK and European corporates.
- Playing a key role in converting new business opportunities as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Contributing to the writing and publication of relevant research and thought leadership
- Promoting UX as an essential discipline within the business, helping other functions understand how to present, cost and manage UX services for our clients
Working with an experienced and award-winning digital design team and an experienced in-house dev team to realise UX work
The principal UX responsibilities for the role include:
- Input into creative pitches (diagrams, annotations, UX voice)
- Managing user testing, (internal tests, card sorting and tree tests)
- Defining user tasks / journeys
- Documenting Functionality requirements
- Production of both low-fidelity and high fidelity wireframes, for both internal use and clients
- Development of rapid prototypes, using platforms such as Azure or Invision
- Planning, designing and documenting information architectures, including sitemaps, taxonomy and template/component extent
- Creating functional specifications for both internal tech teams and external build agencies
- Raising the profile for UX function/methodology within company
The principal design responsibilities for the role include:
- Setting design parameters (responsive grids)
- Creating design and UI patterns (e.g. navigation)
- Establishing template/component workflow (alongside page designs)
- Ensuring project goals are maintained during design development
- Conceptual and visual design across a wide range of digital applications
Remuneration and benefits
Addison Group provides a competitive remuneration and benefits package for the right candidate, details of which will be given those candidates invited for interview.