Senior Branding Consultant
What consultants do at Addison Group
Consultancy plays a vital role in the agency. Our consultants are heavily involved in developing and converting new business, and then building fantastic relationships with clients by giving them the high-quality insight and guidance they need.
Our goal is simple: help our clients create compelling, effective communication that positively influences their key audiences, supports their business objectives and builds their corporate reputation.
Consultants typically work as part of larger, multi-disciplinary teams responsible for delivering a wide range of creative solutions for clients. Consultants work frequently with other disciplines, so get to collaborate with smart people with interesting perspectives and a huge range of skills.
Although we are looking for a candidate with an excellent track record in brand strategy, engagement and communication, our clients now expect us to help them with a broad and diverse range of communication challenges and opportunities. So we’re very keen on people who are inventive and adaptable, rather than heavily specialised. In other words, if you want a job where you know exactly what you’ll be doing every time you arrive at work, this is not it!
Along with the other Senior Consultants and senior management team, you will lead in delivering key services to our clients right across the areas of our offer, as well as helping to evolve the consultancy offer to meet the changing needs of our clients.
You will develop and promote our expertise and advice in brand strategy, communication and engagement, assuming responsibility for the quality and relevance of consultancy outputs in these areas and developing client relationships by becoming a trusted partner, advisor and expert.
In addition to being the agency’s authority voice on brand strategy, communication and engagement, you will also take responsibility for developing our knowledge and insights around trends and developments that affect particular sectors of strategic importance to the agency. Those sectors will be identified and agreed with the successful candidate, and in conjunction with the rest of the consultancy team. Any particular sector experience that the successful candidate might possess will be taken into consideration.
You’ll also work together with the Business Development and Marketing team helping to market both our branding services and our wider consultancy offer to ensure Addison Group meets its new business targets. Part of this will be through contributing to our research and insight programme, including the development of publications, events and promotions; you’ll also contribute content in support of our marketing and promotional activity, covering all digital and social media platforms.
You’ll support and advise the wider consultancy team, as well as other functions and the senior management team, by providing information and insight on key developments within the brand strategy, engagement and communication landscape.
What you will be responsible for
- Delivering best practice guidance and research to clients in response to specific briefs, supporting and collaborating with other consultants where relevant
- Leading designated projects, providing input on strategy and messaging.
- Working closely with our Client Services team to help with managing project stages and deliverables, liaising with key client personnel, and delivering on brief and on budget
- Playing a lead role in our creative and strategic preparations for pitches and tender submissions by contributing communications consultancy input, with an emphasis on, but not limited to, brand strategy, engagement and communication.
- Leading in the creation and presentation of research and insight designed to present our capabilities to current and prospective clients
- Contributing content in support of our own marketing and promotional activity – so that covers content creation for our website, email marketing, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube feeds
- Providing information and insight to the agency on key developments within your areas of expertise.